Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt 901 - coming in - Need scope. mags and Ammo recommendations

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    This is more of an ammo issue and not a 901 issue. The CBC M80 ball is some of the absolute shittiest ammo I've ever come across. I and others I know can't get through a box of the stuff without malfunctions.
    I don't disagree, I treat US-made ammo as the standard for quality and was highlighting this since the OP asked what types or brands of ammo he might want to buy. A good FAL and some other 1950's era designs will run fine with junk ammo, in my experience the AR .308 needs better quality ammo. Not saying it's a defect, just a condition to be aware of.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nra-Life-Member View Post
    Do you know if the Knights SR25 mags will work?
    The Colt 901 is made to use that same pattern and dimension of magazine. If you mean genuine KAC-manufactured magazines, they should work, but will probably cost a lot more than Pmags. I don't have any KAC mags. I briefly tried a C-Products steel magazine that is made to that same pattern and it rubbed on the magwell. Not trying to be preachy but I can't see any reason to use anything other than a Pmag-LR in the 901, especially since that's what Colt ships with it.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    PMags work fine. Change the comp as well. SF SOCOM works sweet. Get a Variable optic 1x6, 1x8, 1x10, 2.5x8, 2.5x10. Mine runs like a dream. Shoots anything I feed it. Just be advised prop. CH & BCG.
    In addition to the 5.56, there is talk of a 7.62x39 conversion kit for it as well. Whether or not that comes to fruition dunno. But I have seen em & Gov. Rick Perry was ringing one out. RUMINT has it on a Gov. contract in ME. takes commie mags etc. You would have NATO / Commie Bloc countries covered.
    http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gears...an-ak-sort-of/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nra-Life-Member View Post
    I should have a Colt 901 in my hands within a few days - after waiting about 1 year,

Looking to get a recommendation on a Scope and rings, also maybe some extra magazines. I know the mags are made by Magpul and there are Gen 2 and Gen 3 mags. Anyone know which mags work the best?

Shooting will be mainly target - 500 yards and in.

Also seeking recommendations on Ammo!

Thanks!
    So used for Paper punching and Steel Ringing out to 500 Yards? anything up to about 6x to 10x should work just fine. What is your Budget for this optic? Where do your Priorities lie within an Optic?

Is it ever going to see Duty or Hard Use?

PMags would work great, as has been mentioned already.

Feedback Score
    Look at the March 1-10 it is an awesome scope. I currently use the USO 1-8 and love it.
    GunGorilla.com
    Best priced guns on the web!!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You might want to wate on stocking up on .308 mags till the lancers are out.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JD42 View Post
    You might want to wate on stocking up on .308 mags till the lancers are out.
    Are they supposed to be better than the Magpul?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Are they supposed to be better than the Magpul?
    In the 5.56 platform both companies make very good mags. I personally prefer the Magpul based on perception of ruggedness and what I think is a better design, but I've been running some of each for years with no significant problems. (My L5AWM mags are slightly too wide to fit in some AR magwells, but that could be an issue with the lower rather than the mag. However, I have never had that issue with a Pmag.)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    In the 5.56 platform both companies make very good mags. I personally prefer the Magpul based on perception of ruggedness and what I think is a better design, but I've been running some of each for years with no significant problems. (My L5AWM mags are slightly too wide to fit in some AR magwells, but that could be an issue with the lower rather than the mag. However, I have never had that issue with a Pmag.)
    All I've ever used in a 5.56 AR were PMAGs, and in the course of over 7,000 rnds now, never even a single failure.

I just didn't know if there was something out there that I did not know concerning 7.62 PMags.

I plan on using them exclusively in my incoming LMT MWS.

I have no complaints, and no reason to switch to the Lancers.

thanks for your input.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Budget is under $2k for the optic.

Ordered some Knights mags - yes they are expensive!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast