Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army Chief's Colt 1911s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Picture working fine for me, must be your rotten apple.

Those pictures were the only one Chuck had a chance to post.

BTW, the Rail Gun was NOT Chuck's last project. There is another one that's being finished now. This one is promised to be the most beautiful one, it will go to Chuck's daughter. I believe the Rail Gun was given to one of his sons.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    hmmm, what's going on with the pictures. I'm on my third computer (desktop, laptop and tablet), I can see them just fine even on my android phone. lol.

What do you computer geeks think is the problem? The IT dudes always tell me to clear out my cookie or clear out my cache.

Can you see these?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bingo on my NEW Kindle Fire HDX.

Thanks again, Sam. And thanks for the correction. Henceforth, this CRG will be known as A.C.'s penultimate project.

Feedback Score
    Very nice Sam, thank you for sharing.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Now I can see it.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    BTW, the Rail Gun was NOT Chuck's last project. There is another one that's being finished now. This one is promised to be the most beautiful one, it will go to Chuck's daughter. I believe the Rail Gun was given to one of his sons.
    Spot on Sam. As you might imagine, AC's 1911 legacy was well thought out. He made sure to sit me down on a few occasions and prescribe out the firearm distribution amongst his 3 kids. He raised us all as shooters, 1911 fans, and appreciators of craftsmanship. The caliber and quality of his 1911 collection is not lost on us. We all treasure the tactile memories associated with each one of his firearms; especially his .45s. The final build you mentioned is indeed going to AC's daughter. He felt it appropriate to leave his most attractive and most museum worthy piece to her. My brother and I each received a pair of more utilitarian combat/carry guns which will be used, abused, cared for, and treasured the way he would want them to be.

- K

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karabiner View Post
    ....... My brother and I each received a pair of more utilitarian combat/carry guns which will be used, abused, cared for, and treasured the way he would want them to be.

- K
    That's the best testament I can think of to your father. It's an excellent thing to do.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Picture working fine for me, must be your rotten apple.

from AC/Chuck in his own words
    Tracking on your CRG finish thoughts now. For duty purposes, I would likely have gone with a black Cerakote, definitely. I considered it. Instead, I just wanted to stick with something that was imminently easy to care for and touch up, and suited to everything from the nightstand to the backpack. Plus, I don't have any other stainless 1911s these days, and I really did like the idea of sticking with whole black & silver Warrant Officer thing. Subtle, but meaningful to me.

The Retro will get a deep, dark 2000 grit bluing job w/Nitre accents, definitely. (Challis is doing the ivory right now.) As close to a BBQ gun as I am willing to own, but I think it will suit the theme well, as I wanted to do the whole "Best of the Old (Retro) / Best of the New (CRG)
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post

Well now Bob, are we not friends anymore?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karabiner View Post
    Spot on Sam.
    - K
    Thank you Matt for stopping by during this tough time for your family. We will be thinking of your family on Wednesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast