Thread: Who has a 14.5 Carbine 300BLK?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Who has a 14.5 Carbine 300BLK?

My 16" carbine barrel on my 300BLK is too long for liking and I'm thinking about chopping off 1.5" or so. It looks kinda odd with the MD I have on it, almost like it's an 18" bbl. I want something more compact that complies with NFA and has a buttstock, so a SBR stamp is out for now. I've heard some yes it will work, some say no, but it was all hearsay, no first hand experience. I'm looking for people who actually have a 100% working 300BLK in 14.5 carbine gas. My 16" works 100% how it sits now, not a single misfeed, stove pipe, etc. in 500rds or so. Right now I have an A5 system with an A5H2, but as a possible 14.5 carbine, I would experiment with different buffer weights.

I know pistol gas is ideal for a shorter barrel, but I'm just curious on the general idea. I'm looking for solid evidence that this has worked without problems using supersonic ammo. I'm not interested in subsonic ammo at the moment since I don't have a suppressor yet; if and when I get one is a long time from now. Gas port size on a fully functioning rifle would help as well.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 01-09-14 at 00:03.

Feedback Score
    Good luck - never heard of a 14.5 " 300 blk. I'm sure someone like you has cut one down- why? I could have sworn someone makes a 10.5" with a permenant surpressor on it so you don't need a stamp. Just for folks like you!

Did a quick search looks like they do actually make 14.5" barrels just not carbine gassed- guess you'll have to have one made special order! Dig deep into the wallet I'm sure someone out there will take your money.
    Last edited by GunnutAF; 01-12-14 at 23:29.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnutAF View Post
    Good luck - never heard of a 14.5 " 300 blk. I'm sure someone like you has cut one down- why? I could have sworn someone makes a 10.5" with a permenant surpressor on it so you don't need a stamp. Just for folks like you!

Did a quick search looks like they do actually make 14.5" barrels just not carbine gassed- guess you'll have to have one made special order! Dig deep into the wallet I'm sure someone out there will take your money.
    If I did anything, I would cut down the barrel I have now. Plus, I use mine for hog hunting, so I don't really need a supressor (though it would be nice).

I've been doing research and it appears all of Rainier Arms 14.5" 300BLK barrels are carbine gassed. I can't imagine they would sell this configuration if it didn't work well...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Take off you MD & just run a thread protector if you are only after an inch or so. Not much flash from BLK anyways is there?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Go for it. Some on this bored make pinning and welding out to be WAY bigger than it really is. 14.5 is not a dramatic difference but it is nice in certain applications and handles well. Whether or not it's worth the headache is up to you. Personally, for me, it's about 15 minutes out in the shop and I wouldn't even use my welding helmet it's such a quick job.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score

Who has a 14.5 Carbine 300BLK?

If you open up the port on a 300 Blackout 14.5" carbine gas to try to cycle subs without a can, it'll cycle hard with supers and a can. You can run regular supers cut down to 14.5" without problems.
    I just did this with an older model Noveske carbine gas 300 Blackout that was 16", now 14.5". Without opening the port, it runs Remington subs with a SDN-6, regular supers fine, and of course supers suppressed.