Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: About ready to give up on 300blk...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

About ready to give up on 300blk...

i LOVE shooting 300blk sub but i'm about ready to give up on it... it is a CONSTANT struggle to find good subs at a fair price and i have yet to find any of it in bulk... its always 1-3 boxes of 20 when you are lucky enough to find some. and most of the time when you do its still at panic prices.

am i the only one in this boat?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I would love to get a 300 blk. It is the exact kind of round that works good for my AO. I kinda miss my 7.62x39. I have not got into 300 yet because of the exact reason you say. I guess that is why many call it a reloaders round

Feedback Score
    Some of us have reloading kit.

300 just begs to be reloaded. With a little luck and some effort, it can be done very, very cheaply.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I've given up on it until a) I start reloading or b) it becomes more readily available at reasonable prices. In the meantime I've shelved my .300 ambitions for the time being. I love the round, just hate the circumstances that make it more trouble than what its worth right now.

Sent from my piece of s**t phone using Tapatalk2 (which can be equally unreliable when coupled with a junk phone)
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everyone is in the same boat. 300 BLK kind of got a double whammy of exceeding sales projections and then the ban scare, IMO. I think if you hang in there things will eventually even out.

That said, you'll probably always be better off buying online in quantity.

Robert Silvers indicated over on 300 Black Talk that Remington is retooling their 300 BLK UMC line so they can up production. Dunno if the same will hold true with subs, but it sounds like Remington is trying to make it better.

-john

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I am just about to get into 300blk, guess it's a good thing I reload.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ammo in any quantity has been a bitch to find until recently. The damn ammo and gun scare of 2012/2013 has just now started to recede and even little things like mags are finally popping up. But it's your business what you go after just don't blame the 300 platform for the woes of ammo availability.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Oh don't me wrong... I LOVE the platform. It's just ammo availability that's wearing me out

Feedback Score
    Learn to reload... It's about the only way I can shoot my 6.8 these days.

Feedback Score
    Learn to reload or make friends with someone who does.

Gearing up with a single stage press is fairly inexpensive.

mbogo

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast