Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the EMOD superior to the CTR?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Is the EMOD superior to the CTR?

Is the EMOD superior to the CTR and should I replace my CTR's?

I utilize Magpul CTR's because at the shortest length it makes my weapon's signature much smaller than any other stock I've used.

Is it worth swapping them out?
    Last edited by SW-Shooter; 09-20-09 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I run the EMOD, I like it.

Feedback Score
    i upgraded from a moe to a emod. the emod balances out my weapon better, and it has storage capacity. i love my emod.

Feedback Score
    Depends on what you're looking for. For weight, and compactness I prefer the CTR. If you're going for length, storage, cheekweld, and not concerned with weight, then go with the Emod. I own both, and they are both good stocks for particular applications.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    It seems that the design of the EMOD would facilitate shouldering the weapon faster, is this the case?

Is the inch difference that much more in regards to CQB work?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mine is mounted on a recce carbine. I like the cheekweld it provides, as well as the ease of using a off-hand shoulder hold. For CQB movements I find that position 1 is perfect.
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 09-20-09 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Have you ruled out the ACS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The EMOD is the best telescoping stock I've used, followed by the ACS. Both are way ahead of the CTR (which, along with the UBR, I find to be tremendously overrated).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    before this conversation continues, it should be pointed out that they're not really comparable... so to say that one is, in general, better than the other is sort of silly. they're different kinds of stock for different kinds of weapons and different kinds of shooters.

the questions you should be asking is "why do i want a different stock, and whats the proper stock for me and my weapon?"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    before this conversation continues, it should be pointed out that they're not really comparable... so to say that one is, in general, better than the other is sort of silly. they're different kinds of stock for different kinds of weapons and different kinds of shooters.

the questions you should be asking is "why do i want a different stock, and whats the proper stock for me and my weapon?"
    I agree, the CTR is lighter with no storage, the CTR does have the friction lock so there are no rattles, or wobbles. The EMOD has storage. It really depends on what you want or need. They are not really comparable to each other.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast