Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was in the process of building my first 300 Blackout and now....What?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Was in the process of building my first 300 Blackout and now....What?

Well was looking at making a 10" pistol 300 Blackout and a 16" Blackout makes little sense. I'm really stuck on what to do at this point. Should I:

1) SBR it
    2) Continue with the pistol build even given what this administration is doing?
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 09-10-22 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Easiest way to answer that, is to ask yourself if you want an NFA item in your home or not? Do you want to deal with all the NFA regulations once it’s assembled and tax stamp paid for?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Easiest way to answer that, is to ask yourself if you want an NFA item in your home or not? Do you want to deal with all the NFA regulations once it’s assembled and tax stamp paid for?
    I'm not a fan of getting on the NFA "list". I down own any SBR or Silencers so I feel I'm more under the radar than those that have sent their stamps in.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I'm not a fan of getting on the NFA "list". I down own any SBR or Silencers so I feel I'm more under the radar than those that have sent their stamps in.
    It’s a tough call with braces being on the chopping block. You never know what legislation or definitions are coming in the future, making it difficult to come to a decision on these things. If you really want a short 300 BLK, I say go for it. You could always navigate the brace definition/legislation as it unfolds. If anything, you can revert back to running a single point sling, and using the tension of the sling to steady the weapon as you fire it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    It’s a tough call with braces being on the chopping block. You never know what legislation or definitions are coming in the future, making it difficult to come to a decision on these things. If you really want a short 300 BLK, I say go for it. You could always navigate the brace definition/legislation as it unfolds. If anything, you can revert back to running a single point sling, and using the tension of the sling to steady the weapon as you fire it.
    The bad thing is I really want a Deadair Nomad, I was almost ready to get it and backed out. Would also love a SBR...

Just nervous about getting my finger prints and all on "file". Especially seeing how crooked the people that keep the "file" seem to be.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Are you building a 10" to shoot only supersonic ammo? If you are thinking a can and subs you are getting into NFA anyway. I would SBR a good lower and be done with it. It is a pain but once you have one you can play around with short uppers all you want.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    Are you building a 10" to shoot only supersonic ammo? If you are thinking a can and subs you are getting into NFA anyway. I would SBR a good lower and be done with it. It is a pain but once you have one you can play around with short uppers all you want.
    I don't have any interest in subs except maybe for the fun factor every now and then. But I want it mainly for HD and handload 110gr

Feedback Score
    Bare buffer tube = Not rifle.

The AFT is going to pissed, lol.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    The bad thing is I really want a Deadair Nomad, I was almost ready to get it and backed out. Would also love a SBR...

Just nervous about getting my finger prints and all on "file". Especially seeing how crooked the people that keep the "file" seem to be.
    Over half this forum is screwed if owning a NFA item puts you on the no no list. Honestly just build what you want, and do so within the law, and you’ll be fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast