Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand NEW LMT MWS-- Potential issue

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Brand NEW LMT MWS-- Potential issue

So, I got my new LMT MWS. Beautiful gun. Anyway, when I arrived home I attempted to pull the charging handle to charge the gun and the bolt and carrier were stuck about halfway after I took their little chamber flag out. I then proceeded to mortar it a bunch of times until the bolt and carrier locked back. (I had to hit it about 10 times to get it all the way back) I then hit the bolt release and the bolt and carrier returned to battery. I immediately split the halves, pulled the bolt and carrier and generously lubed the bolt and carrier. I pulled the buffer and spring and everything looked OK. I then reassembled the rifle. I can now charge the rifle and have it return to battery by hitting the bolt release. At times, however, the bolt release doesn't seem to react immediately when I hit the button, slight delay, however, it does return to battery. The carrier and bolt on my other 308 closes more violently then the LMT. The LMT returns to battery quickly, however, not quite as violently. My other rifle, however, is a rifle length buffer. Should I check anything else out, or just shoot it and see how it does. THanks.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If it is binding that badly, ther may none a few rub marks. At the very least, I would field strip it and inspect.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not that I know what I'm talking about but it sounds it was just dry and hung up. Sounds hung up pretty bad but if you lubed it and it hasn't done it again, I say with use, it should break in. When you cycle the action by hand, things run a lot different than when you fire a round.
    If it continues and you feel you can't trust it, contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My MWS was very tight when brand new, to the point working the charging handle to eject a live round in order to make the weapon safe was difficult. If it will cycle I'd lube it generously and shoot it. Mine wore in quickly and cycles very smoothly now.

Congrats on the MWS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

tightness

I have to pull the charging handle quite firmly to the rear for the bolt release to catch and then release upon first touch. Otherwise, it will stay to the rear, however, the bolt release will have a long delay. I hope it is just tight and will break in. I will shoot it and see. I looked over every surface very carefully with a flash light and can't see anything that was impeding it. I guess it is just built to very tight tolerances and needs a little break in. Anyone else have thoughts, or does this seem right?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mine was very tight such that charging handle would only go half way back about every other time but no problem with release.
    I called gene at lmt. He said there was no problem and to just go shoot it. I did. No more problems.
    You may want to give him a call if you are concerned regarding the safety of firing the rifle. Lmt has superb CS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    MIM

Just kidding.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Damn,......that's cold!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    mine was the same, just needs to be broken in.
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash1023 View Post
    mine was the same, just needs to be broken in.
    Could be. I remember someone giving me one of those friggin "enhanced" carriers.

That sucker wouldn't cycle for crap... way too tight and gritty. Gave it right back. But they work in his guns now.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast