Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spikes vs. DPMS lower

Feedback Score

Spikes vs. DPMS lower

If someone had the choice of a Spikes lower vs. DPMS--which would you take?

My research here says Spikes is the better option, but some swear by DPMS.

So--which would you choose & why?

Thank you!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ETA: typo
    Last edited by MSW; 11-26-13 at 19:33. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Given my options, personally neither. Don't trust DPMS and don't like Spikes for various reasons. That said, if I had to buy one of the two, would likely lean towards the spikes, dueling cocks and all, trust them to be a little better than DPMS when it comes to QC.

That said, I will agree to an extent that a lower is a lower is a lower. Would be more concerned about the internals and upper than the lower, but again there are other companies I would prefer to buy from for my lowers. But, once again, note my bias, so take it for what it is worth when reading my opinion here.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I tried for a Bravo Co, Daniel Defense--not available.

I guess I could go Noveske from Rainer Arms.....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=LWR-BCM

G&R Tactical has BCM lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    I tried for a Bravo Co, Daniel Defense--not available.

I guess I could go Noveske from Rainer Arms.....
    Grant has complete BCM lowers in stock, would be one of my first choices, however, am not sure what you are building the lower for so that could be a mute point. For a few dollars more though I might personally go to the Noveske just for personal bragging rights and because I like them. Again, that is me.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My vote is also neither, but spikes>DPMS

I.m.o. BCM or LMT for complete lowers, Mega or Noveske for stripped lowers (with ALG trigger, BAD selector, colt small parts from SAW). This is for readily available, high quality, forged lowers.

Feedback Score
    Dang! I totally forgot about checking with Grant. Bravo & DD said "sorry--no idea when...."

Looks like a Bravo Co!

Thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Another vote for none of the above.

Complete lower? BCM.

Stripped? Noveske, or Mega, or Rainier, or many other options.

How much are you looking to spend?

Feedback Score
    Sorry--I forgot to explain the build: DD CHF S2W barrel mid-length gas system on a Bravo Flat top. My first choice was DD, because of the barrel--but tied for first was Bravo Co lower.

Of course, a Bravo BCG is already here.

Haven't decided on a sight--my DDM4 has a Leupold Tac scope--I'm thinking of an Aimpoint or Meprolight reflex sight. But first--I need a lower that's on par with the barrel. Seemed criminal to use one of my Bushie lowers.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast