Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2nd review of the Primary Weapons piston conversion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
    I wish they had a low-profile piston gas block that would fit under an existing rail. If they did I would definitely be interested in it. Maybe there is something about the design of a piston system that physically won't allow for it.
    i think that is exactly it...seems like the dimensions of the valve would not allow for it.

Feedback Score
    I thought you were just taking pictures of my new table!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster22 View Post
    I thought you were just taking pictures of my new table!
    I was, you should be a carpenter.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    personally i do NOT like long op-rods, they may be OK, but i see a tendency for bending in a full auto rifle..., of course that is just my OPINION

otherwise very nice looking rifle, if you ARe satisfied, that is all that matters

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    got back my Gen II PWS midlength today - looking forward to getting some rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    Sending mine out today.

Feedback Score
    VERY interesting design...

I'd really like to hear about the suppressed rifle on the "suppressor" setting...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting this info gotm4. Very interesting, as I was totally unaware of this system until just recently. The only one other piston conversion kit like this, which I was aware of, is the ARES conversion system. I know our fellow forum member Seth ?? -somebody did a review on it a while back, and IIRC, he had no problems with it.
    Anyhow, a few questions come to mind:

1. What is the cost of this system, for a converted Colt 6920 upper?

2. What piston system is this one most similar to? LWRC? HK? POF? LMT? ARES? MASADA? Bushmaster System? etc, etc.???

3. Is that a DD LITE Rail on the above pictured Colt? If so, it's NOT the 7.0, but rather a little longer, correct?

4. What is the difference between the Gen I and Gen II version you now have?

I am having slight problems with the pages of this forum loading tonight. I still cannot view your other previous review of the Gen I system. Look forward to doing so though.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Thanks for posting this info gotm4. Very interesting, as I was totally unaware of this system until just recently. The only one other piston conversion kit like this, which I was aware of, is the ARES conversion system. I know our fellow forum member Seth ?? -somebody did a review on it a while back, and IIRC, he had no problems with it.
    Anyhow, a few questions come to mind:

1. What is the cost of this system, for a converted Colt 6920 upper?

2. What piston system is this one most similar to? LWRC? HK? POF? LMT? ARES? MASADA? Bushmaster System? etc, etc.???

3. Is that a DD LITE Rail on the above pictured Colt? If so, it's NOT the 7.0, but rather a little longer, correct?

4. What is the difference between the Gen I and Gen II version you now have?

I am having slight problems with the pages of this forum loading tonight. I still cannot view your other previous review of the Gen I system. Look forward to doing so though.
    Just looking at the system it appears to be a long stroke gas system.

Closest relative...the AK system.

Just about every other AR piston system uses a separate piston and bolt carrier, known as a short gas system or "tappet" system, like a FAL, AR-18, HK G36, vz-58, or SKS.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Just looking at the system it appears to be a long stroke gas system.

Closest relative...the AK system.

Just about every other AR piston system uses a separate piston and bolt carrier, known as a short gas system or "tappet" system, like a FAL, AR-18, HK G36, vz-58, or SKS.
    pros and cons of short vs long system?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast