Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Military Shotguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's a version of the Mossberg shotgun. As configured it is a "Compact" with a 16" breaching heavy wall barrel, rail forend, reciever rail and a collapsible stock. They are in wide use by certain portions of the Army which recieved authorization for them, and are derived intialy from configuration requirements I developed back in 2001 as a Infantry PSG/1SG while assigned to the 10th MTN.

Mod 1 is still pending, if the patents ever get straight.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    It's a version of the Mossberg shotgun. As configured it is a "Compact" with a 16" breaching heavy wall barrel, rail forend, reciever rail and a collapsible stock. They are in wide use by certain portions of the Army which recieved authorization for them, and are derived intialy from configuration requirements I developed back in 2001 as a Infantry PSG/1SG while assigned to the 10th MTN.

Mod 1 is still pending, if the patents ever get straight.
    Thank you sir, for the very informative answer, straight from the man
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Great pictures, especially the older ones from WWII and Viet Nam.

I have a buddy of mine's (now passed on), Bronze Star and citation from 1963, where he used a model 12 to good effect, while leading a small group of VNMC in a counter attack, after an ambush by a superior force. (Reading the citation, I think he would have gotten the NC or a SS later in the war).

Wasn't the first or last time he used it in combat. He had acquired the model 12 after realizing his M14 wasn't working out well for the job he was doing. His parents had to mail him the buckshot for it, as he couldn't get it where he was at.

Feedback Score

[/QUOTE]

Who makes this forearm? i like its compactness.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by baddoggy View Post
    Who makes this forearm? i like its compactness.
    Its more compact because its for a NFA Mossberg Compact. We went with them because they are slimmer than the compeable Surefire units.

I have a few dozen still on hand.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    Interesting opinion on M26 MASS by Gearscout (link):

I can’t wait to hear how it’s received by Joe. Sure, it’s great to always have a shotgun at the ready. But, I wonder how long it will take for guys to start bitching about always lugging a shotgun on the front of their weapon. There’s a big difference between 4lbs on the front of an M4 vs. 7lbs of a Remington 870 on their back. Like the adoption of any new piece of gear, it’s going to be a training issue as much for leaders as grunts. Commanders are going to have to learn to deploy these weapons appropriately or risk guys “forgetting” them when they step. I suspect the compact M26 will see more duty as a standalone weapon than it will attached to carbines.
    What do you think?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    No pictures of these in actual use have surfaced yet, but thought I would share these photos Stickman has done.

Can you tell me what light that is?

Feedback Score
    Nice Stick,

Your shotgun is a killer! Also, just wanted to let you know that you have the best photo skill in any firearms forum. I thank you for the quality of your images. Do you mind letting us know what light and which focal plane you use for this shot?

Please advice,
    G. Photo fan of yours

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mossberg 590!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My first shotgun.....Benelli M4 with an Aimpoint Comp ML3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast