Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Muzzle flash photos and sound tests. PWS FFC556 compared.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    Well not quite. This was at 400 ISO. My BLACKOUT photos were at 3200ISO. If I did these at 3200 some of the frames would be solid white. Never compare photos without reading the exposure data. 3200 is 8x more sensitive than 400.
    I missed that, thanks.

Feedback Score
    This is the AAC BLACKOUT taken at the same time, with the same settings, ammo, barrel, etc.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    This is the AAC BLACKOUT taken at the same time, with the same settings, ammo, barrel, etc.

Wow.

What ISO is equivalent to what you or I would see at night if we were watching the shot?

Feedback Score
    I would say these look like how I remember it. When I use the camera's highest settings it is for R&D, not to show people what to expect.

Feedback Score
    WOW! Had to wait to get to work this morning to get on the T4 and check these out! Awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time and expense to do that test. There are those of us still living under the AWB who appreciate the effort...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    good info - waiting for sound test! thanks for the time and effort.

Feedback Score
    254 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MassMark View Post
    There are those of us still living under the AWB who appreciate the effort...
    Yes indeed. Thank you for the comparison.

Any comments as to how much louder the FSC556 was compared to the A2 or baseline comps?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Wow.

What ISO is equivalent to what you or I would see at night if we were watching the shot?
    My unscientific ass would guesstimate that it is less than 400ISO since I have never seen this much blast from an A2.

Feedback Score
    One can use a program to read the actual data from the jpeg photos:

http://www.takenet.or.jp/~ryuuji/min.../download.html

You have never seen that much flash, I assume, because you use ammo with flash retardant powder. This is Lake City XM193 NATO ammo.

As for my guess as to how loud this is compared to no muzzle device -- I think it was quieter. It is not commonly known but flash makes noise.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    My unscientific ass would guesstimate that it is less than 400ISO since I have never seen this much blast from an A2.
    I've never seen that big a flash from my 11.5", A2 FH equiped barrel when firing XM193. I'd guess that my experience was due to it not being pitch black out, and just how fast the flash occurs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast