Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Purpose AR - Okay, it's a Recce Now...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like it. A LOT.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    I like it. A LOT.
    Thanks dude.

The more I shoot this middy the more it gives me warm tingly feelings in my nether regions... I shot a few drills today and the muzzle barely moves... just a slight rise. It's very controllable and very, very accurate from what I have seen. I need to get it out on a longer range to see what kind of performance that Sabre barrel might be capable of.

I am also kicking around the idea of having the barrel either fluted or turned down to lightweight config for the bulk of its length - I'd be happy to hear opinions pro or con on this option.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks pretty sweet! I really like it and am considering going in a similar direction with my Middy, but keeping the standard FSB and a G2 in Vikings mount.

What's the barrel contour currently?

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Fluting is a waste of money. Having it turned down is definitely the way to go.

Unfortunately, no one makes a midlength, lightweight barrel that I like, and I'm a little leery of spending the kind of money that it would take to have them built to my satisfaction.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    how are you activating that light? just flicking on with your hands? or are you planning to add a tape switch?
    A government big enough to give everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
    how are you activating that light? just flicking on with your hands? or are you planning to add a tape switch?
    No tape switch, I hate them. Activates with support side thumb, no problem.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    New config is similar to my primary GP and how I was essentially planning on setting up a Noveske Recce N4 if the tax man hadn't taken my budget.

I like the fixed front and rear BUIS with an Aimpoint as well, but I'm thinking I might do flipup in the rear just to be able to run a magnifier if I want to. I'll just run it in the "up" unless the magnifier is on the gun.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I like the folding Troy rear with a fixed front myself, but I tried the fixed rear this time. With a lower third co-witness it's not really an issue - but I do like the rear folded down.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks good Bub!

Wish I had one of those ADM mounts--

Did you get another Vickers sling?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Did you get another Vickers sling?
    Yeah, I'm a real sucker - I bought the most expensive variant (I think)... the GrantHawk Tactical sewn-in QD pushbuttons and the padded sling. It works really well.

Hope someone gets you a nice ADM mount!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast