Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMT MWS 16" Rifle-length gas system

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Buckjay,

I am really glad you posted this. I have really been toying with the idea of chopping a 6.5CM 20" barrel to 16", but I wasn't sure how it would look.

6.5cm is my new favorite caliber in my mws, but my 16" .308 barrel is so much handier with my suppressor. I know velocity would suffer, but I would think a 16" 6.5 would still be more efficient than a 16" .308 for shots out to 800yds or so.

Feedback Score
    Very nice set up. Mine is pretty much plain jane except for a change out of some of the furniture and different glass (NF 2.5-10x32).
    Quick question....the 18" 5R comes with a rifle length gas set up correct?
    Another question.....why not just leave the barrel at 18" instead of having it cut?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Absolutely awesome set up - looks perfect. I only wish this was a factory option from LMT.

I'm still looking for an 18" SS barrel, but perfectly content with my 16" CL accuracy and handling.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    sent you a PM brother
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Bleaman, it sounds like you have noticed an appreciable difference since re-profiling your MWS barrel? How is the balance of the rifle? Any pics? Where are you shooting these days?
    I don't want to derail the discussion or steal any thunder from Buckjay's MWS since it is the star of this show buuuut I can notice a difference when I shoulder mine with the different barrels. Tomorrow, I will take some pictures, weigh some things and start another thread in regards to the weights.

I have been shooting handgun at Double Tap in Northeast Philly. With the ammo situation, I've been doing more dryfire than live especially since I got my SIRT.
    I primarily shoot distance back at home (Lancaster). I have 600 yards at New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club and a friend has a farm where we can get to 900 meters but he's in A-stan right now.
    How bout you? We should get together sometime. I'd like to check out the OBR.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    That is one sweet MWS you have there. I noticed you mention switching out the receiver extension for another. What did you go with?
    I am curious because I am debating one of the heavy 6.5 oz buffers for mine.

Still just have the standard CL barrel, but I REALLY like your chopped 18".

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Any updates as far as reliability, accuracy or in general?

Have you heard anything about the SF 762SOCOM-MINI? I'm still waiting to hear from my dealer's distributor.

I have the weights for the barrels and pictures if there's still a desire to see them.

I would also like to go on public record saying, if you ever decide to sell, I'll take the barrel. <thumbs up>

Feedback Score
    What a beauty OP!

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I gotta agree, that is one fine looking build

Feedback Score

Very nice setup

Really slick ! What does it weigh with empty mag ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast