Hey Guys,

Please if you are a lawyer in our state, or an LEO with actual knowledge of our gun laws it would be awesome if you chimed in, as I am a bit confused a little upset at the moment regarding the culture that seems to be infiltrating the NY state firearms community.

Before I bought an AR in NY I researched the AWB and I have always made sure I am operating within the letter of the law. I have a terminal degree, I was honors student, and I understand how to interpret and read laws, so I was a bit shocked when I started hearing this new interpretation of our law pop up over the past weeks:

"It is illegal to put a pre ban magazine in a post ban gun".

There is 0 mention of this in our AWB, but I have heard this interpretation at three different locations in the last two weeks and I'm a bit concerned about where it is coming from.

I was sold a post ban AK from a registered FFL with a pre ban magazine included in the sale, so now I'm reluctant to take any of my rifles shooting as I only own pre ban magazines for the AK and one ten round for the AR. I could see getting swept up in this climate and having the law simply change without any actual notice.

Does anyone have any thoughts?