Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Alert; possible executive order information

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Driving home this evening, listening to my local talk radio (non-syndicated) conversation about ban items...one term kept being repeated, as it has throughout the current discussions as well as those discussions in 1994...."high capacity magazines".

Lets face it folks, 30 rounds is the STANDARD magazine for the AR15 platform. Yes, I know that initially, the Stoner came with a 20-round magazine, and many were used in the Vietnam era. However, in current deployment, infantrymen are issued 30 round magazines. I'd venture to say that, even given the current climate of conflicts in the middle east, as well as the guerilla tactics of our enemies, our troops are far less prone nowadays to "spray and pray" as we were in Vietnam.

That being said, again, 30 rounds is a STANDARD. I would consider 200 rounds of belt-fed 7.62 to be high-capacity.

I'd like to see a trend start among responsible AR owners on this site, and I would like to see that trend extend to conversations with others...lets start referring to the 30-round magazine as the STANDARD AR15 magazine.

True, nobody needs 30 bullets to kill a deer...but what about the hoard of PCP-laden hood rats ransacking your home after a large storm knocks out the power? Of course, this logic will never work with our liberal counterparts, but it stands as truth to those of us who respect firearms as tools.

So from today forth, I will refer to the 30-round AR magazines as STANDARD magazines. I encourage all of you to do the same. Change the culture, one conversation at a time. Who knows, maybe it'll do some good.

FN FAL. Standard capacity: 20 rounds.

Looters in the French Quarter: NONE!
    Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 01-17-13 at 00:01.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    They hate the nit-picky technical jargon, in my experience. Easiest way to alienate an anti
    They get pissed when confronted with the truth. Tough. We're not converting people. Just telling the truth.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Both of those kids look scared shitless!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    My wife got home from work last night and got on the computer to check her email and Facebook. I'm on the couch holding our daughter, and I hear my wife say "What the f*<k?! He signed those papers with kids around him?! What a manipulative ass!" I love her more each day
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 01-17-13 at 10:34.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    She sounds like a keeper.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A Republican "insiders" view of Obama during all this. Came from The Gun Wire.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/0...ghts-backlash/

Said he was considering confiscation.

Keep fighting.
    Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 01-17-13 at 10:45.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    My wife got home from work last night and got on the computer to check her email and Facebook. I'm on the couch holding our daughter, and I hear my wife say "What the f*<k?! He signed those papers with kids around him?! What a manipulative ass!" I love her more each day
    It is nice to have a wife that has sense.. My wife is as livid about the actions of this admin as I am. She has much more sense then I.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    They get pissed when confronted with the truth. Tough. We're not converting people. Just telling the truth.
    We need to convert people. What we need to do is stop telling them the technical trivial details and instead tell them that what this is about is harassment and hate. Anti gun laws are a reiteration of Jim Crow laws: stuff that sounds neutral on their face but are targeted to harass, repress, and bully specific people. Literacy tests and poll taxes were designed to stop certain people from voting while not explicitly saying that they couldn't vote. That's exactly what this stuff is.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast