Thread: Never thought of owning an AR but now I find myself here...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Never thought of owning an AR but now I find myself here...

I like guns...
    Last edited by Shao; 12-22-12 at 18:20. Reason: Too much info...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    January 16, 1919, was a tough day to discover you had a taste for good whiskey.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Good one!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Great analogy... Oh well, better late than never... I think I need to find some quality (yet hopefully inexpensive) lowers and buy about 6-7 of them ASAP - anyone know a place that has some in stock?

Also, should I be stocking up on hi-cap mags or what???

Feedback Score
    Standard capacity mags are out of stock everywhere right now.

High capacity mags may be delayed but should be easier to come by:
    http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equ...magazines.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Standard capacity mags are out of stock everywhere right now.

High capacity mags may be delayed but should be easier to come by:
    http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equ...magazines.html
    Wow! So I've noticed... glad I stocked up when I did... Wishing I had bought more now. Damn carpet-baggers bought up the inventory and are reselling them on Ebay and such at ridiculous prices. I've also been looking for a BCG, stripped lowers, and complete uppers for at least a month, but I refuse to pay the jacked up prices they're to be had for now. I wish the hysteria would end already so I can get back to resupplying my new hobby.

Feedback Score
    About a week before Newtown I bought a S&W M&P Sport. The initial plan was to ensure it was sighted in the way the Army taught me on a 25m zeroing target, buy a couple of boxes of 5.56 and leave it in a case "for future reference".

Then the day before Newtown I figured I'd better stock up on ammo before the fiscal cliff and brainless hysteria kicks in on the markets, so I bought an "undisclosed number" of thousand-round boxes of 5.56 (AR-15), 9mm (XDm), .45ACP (XD's and various 1911s), .22LR (Ruger 10/22 TD & SR22), and some .45LC (Ranch Hand "Fun Gun!"). Also stocked up on extra magazines for everything "just in case" someone in Congress decided to get froggy and jump on a mag-capacity ban.
    Unlike gold, ammo pulls double-duty in a crap economy (barter/sale & self defense).

After Newtown, Feinstein's little plan irked me so I slapped an EOtech, vert. pistol grip, new buffer, single-point sling, and front light on it just as an "F-U" to her. I now pretty much have the same rig I carried overseas, just a little longer barrel and missing the never-used-myself 3-round burst capability.

It's one of those things....I finally get home from being overseas for about 15+ years, try to get away from it all and wind up getting dragged back in.
    Last edited by iball; 12-31-12 at 10:36.