Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6920 Wedge?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Some people only care about the "fit" and "feel" and "tightness" of their rifle.

I care about those three things..........but it has nothing to do with a rifle.

Use them if you want to but I get tired of having to put bits and pieces out of a lower when someone brings me a rifle and says "it no work no mo."
    Last edited by SWATcop556; 12-18-09 at 01:21.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    They have a history of either coming out of place and/or disintegrating over time. This is well documented over many years. Don't take this personal.
    None taken, thanks for the tip and Merry Christmas.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donka View Post
    Hi guys,

I just disassembled my 6920 for the first time and cleaned it. Upon reassembly, I found the upper and lower receivers fit more "loose" than before I took it apart and cleaned it. Is this normal?

The rear takedown pin was pretty tight before taking the rifle apart and now it is easier to push out. I just want to make sure this is normal as I have absolutely no AR15 experiance.

Thanks for the help.
    This is how God intended.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by goretro77 View Post
    So whats wrong about adding an 'accurizer' rubber wedge in the receiver? It does take that notchy loose feeling out between the upper and lower?

Not sure what you mean by social rifle, not a Camp Perry rifle?
    They serve NO PURPOSE in a fighting weapon.

The main reason for this is because they can come apart and become lodged in the FCG.

This is a NO GO.

C4

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    They serve NO PURPOSE in a fighting weapon.

The main reason for this is because they can come apart and become lodged in the FCG.

This is a NO GO.

C4
    Ok, I can buy this reasoning. My Noveske upper fits tight on my RR Colt lower, but my 6933 rattles like tin cans in a bag on it. For those of us who are obsessive compulsive and anal about immaterial matters such as this, is there a viable solution?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Ok, I can buy this reasoning. My Noveske upper fits tight on my RR Colt lower, but my 6933 rattles like tin cans in a bag on it. For those of us who are obsessive compulsive and anal about immaterial matters such as this, is there a viable solution?
    if you just really, really have to have snugness, an o-ring around the takedown lug will accomplish it. but somebody had a counter for that, as well... cant remember what it was, but apparently that caused a problem for someone once too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the gun slung up right, tucked up in a good carbine shooting stance, you won't notice any rattle. If you do, you're not concentrating on the right things: you're doing it wrong. Shoot the gun more, fingerbang it less.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    With the gun slung up right, tucked up in a good carbine shooting stance, you won't notice any rattle. If you do, you're not concentrating on the right things: you're doing it wrong. Shoot the gun more, fingerbang it less.
    Well said My first AR came with the little wedge things, they did come out and cause me some hassle. I trashed what was left of them and never had another problem.
    Last edited by Abraxas; 12-18-09 at 16:20.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    My first suggestion would be to get over your issues and understand that it is a combat gun and not a bolt gun.

If that does not work, send the upper to an FFL dealer for them to match fit your upper to a new lower.

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    My first suggestion would be to get over your issues and understand that it is a combat gun and not a bolt gun.

If that does not work, send the upper to an FFL dealer for them to match fit your upper to a new lower.

C4
    Better yet he should just send the whole weapon to me. I dont mind some rattle
    Last edited by Abraxas; 12-18-09 at 16:27.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast