Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paratus 16 Rifle

Feedback Score

Paratus

The gun seems to be based on the FAL type spring system so that is why it is tall. But thats about the only way to ger a folding stock on a semi auto sniper rifle. If you watch some of the videos, the shooter is "heads up" and looking through the middle of his glasses ...not the top.

The barrel screws on with a very fine thread and has a wrench fo that extra tweak so it is not coming off, at least not unnoticed.

And in that respect take a look at the mounting lug. The top indexes into the upper and locks it. Then the clamp and pin lock the barel nut so it is not moving.

So it is a switch barrel sniper system that is not caliber specific. A 6.5 Creedmore in a 21" would be ....interesting.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    ACR stock
    Noveske switchblock (on the SBR)

Everything else looks custom. I'm very interested in seeing the internals.
    For $5K you think they could fit the stock better...
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I shot one of these last week and to be honest I am not impressed at all. Its a very FAL esque operating system. Its blocky as all hell, recoil is a little more stout than it should be. I had spotty feeding issues from the magpul pmag...could have been a bad mag not sure. Likewise the Nickel Boron finish looks like shit as well as a ton of tooling marks on the receivers. I was told that the guy making the Cobb rifles some years back has a hand in these rifles.

The writer/tv show host was touting it as a outstanding "combat" weapon, so I had to bring out my SR25. In my honest opinion, the neat factor that it fits in a small Pelican case was overcome by the sheer shitty machine work, less than stellar NiB coating, and shitty feeding the gun exhibited.

Feedback Score
    Double post
    Last edited by Redbeardsong; 08-14-12 at 07:01.

Feedback Score
    We got two of these in at Clyde Armory on Friday and they both sold within a day. I haven't shot it, but it's a very cool gun in person. Very solid, aside from the Magpul sights.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    The Paratus was developed for the Clandestine Break-Down Semi-Automatic Rifle (CSR) proposal pursuant to a request listed on an open announcement by Joint & Special Operations Program (JSOP).

You mean to tell me there is a proposal for a rifle like this???? My tax payer dollars hard at work right there.
    did larue submit the predatobr for that with that quick take down stock?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly0311 View Post
    I shot one of these last week and to be honest I am not impressed at all. Its a very FAL esque operating system. Its blocky as all hell, recoil is a little more stout than it should be. I had spotty feeding issues from the magpul pmag...could have been a bad mag not sure. Likewise the Nickel Boron finish looks like shit as well as a ton of tooling marks on the receivers. I was told that the guy making the Cobb rifles some years back has a hand in these rifles.

The writer/tv show host was touting it as a outstanding "combat" weapon, so I had to bring out my SR25. In my honest opinion, the neat factor that it fits in a small Pelican case was overcome by the sheer shitty machine work, less than stellar NiB coating, and shitty feeding the gun exhibited.
    what did the BCG look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Imagine a AR10 carrier cut off right behind the firing pin retaining pin and then adding a shroud over the gas key for the op rod and spring to go.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly0311 View Post
    Imagine a AR10 carrier cut off right behind the firing pin retaining pin and then adding a shroud over the gas key for the op rod and spring to go.
    Sounds kind of strange, so is it piston or DI? Their website makes it sound like its DI.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I want one in 300 BLK!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast