Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-160A2 Pics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    very very cool.

would be nice to see the Army pick this in the IC comp, I know for sure it was entered so who knows.

I cant wait to get one.
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 06-23-12 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineSniper8541 View Post
    This is what comes in the case. Note the suppressor in black nylon case, spare 12" barrel, bayonet, removable ejection port cover, vertical grip, sling and available space for the GLX-160 grenade launcher.

We have finished our testing and have now issued the rifle out to the unit. My platoon has seen very good accuracy from these rifles. We have averages about 2 MOA of accuracy even with the 12" barrel running suppressed. Remember that the M16/M4 is considered to be a 3-4 MOA weapon on average. Reliability is stellar but if you are running weak ammo, then you may see some double feeds when running unsuppressed short barrel due to the action not fully cycling far enough to the rear to complete the ejection process. This is because the rifle has a slightly stiffer recoil spring which is responsible for it having such a smooth, straight line recoil. So when you get one, don't feed it trash ammo. It's a combat weapon meant for military spec powder charges in the ammo you fire through it. Don't call it a piece of crap if it doesn't agree with your bargain discount Wolf or other ghetto ammo.

People who have become spoiled with the ease of the dis assembly/reassembly of the M16/M4 series will at first be a little frustrated with the 160 because it is a more tedious process. But the trade off is worth it. The ONE part that sucks is dealing with removing and re installing the extractor/ejectors. It is part technique part brute force. But the rifle runs so much cleaner that it isn't always necessary to take them out to clean them.
    Having carried an M16 or M4 for almost 30 years now, it pains me to admit that I have a new favorite combat rifle, but I have to admit the truth.
    Those of you frustrated with the fact that it is taking a while to get them into the US, hang in there. The rifle is now in its "A2" version. Unlike the SCAR and ACR which started selling to the civilian market before its problems were all identified and fixed, the 160 is ready to roll. So be patient and be glad that when you finally get your hands on one, it will have already been put through its paces and you won't be spending your hard earned money only to be buying into a test program.
    To me, everything in that case ooozes OPERATOR( I know, a too often misused word), and not some pogue ass wanna be kit. I think every combat weapon should be issued exactly the same way. Here is your rifle, suppressor, bayonet, spare barrel, and grenade launcher (when not attached it's packed in the ruck). Then have each Soldier, Marine, Airman, Sailor, etc... sign for the case when needed and be on their merry way. Everyone can become a rifleman/grenadier in mere seconds.

Feedback Score
    Question for the op:

Is the gas system adjustable for suppressed vs. non-suppressed modes of fire?

I would love to get my hands on one of these rifles. I home Beretta sells one here in the US.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJQYTe9Bt9Q

Here's a link showing a detailed disassembly and reassembly, giving some idea of the working system. Just need a translator

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Definitely at the top of my list if it makes it here. I wonder if we'll get factory short barrels and available spare parts. Keeping my fingers crossed to see this thing in stores here soon.

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineSniper8541 View Post
    This is what comes in the case. Note the suppressor in black nylon case, spare 12" barrel, bayonet, removable ejection port cover, vertical grip, sling and available space for the GLX-160 grenade launcher.

We have finished our testing and have now issued the rifle out to the unit. My platoon has seen very good accuracy from these rifles. We have averages about 2 MOA of accuracy even with the 12" barrel running suppressed. Remember that the M16/M4 is considered to be a 3-4 MOA weapon on average. Reliability is stellar but if you are running weak ammo, then you may see some double feeds when running unsuppressed short barrel due to the action not fully cycling far enough to the rear to complete the ejection process. This is because the rifle has a slightly stiffer recoil spring which is responsible for it having such a smooth, straight line recoil. So when you get one, don't feed it trash ammo. It's a combat weapon meant for military spec powder charges in the ammo you fire through it. Don't call it a piece of crap if it doesn't agree with your bargain discount Wolf or other ghetto ammo.

People who have become spoiled with the ease of the dis assembly/reassembly of the M16/M4 series will at first be a little frustrated with the 160 because it is a more tedious process. But the trade off is worth it. The ONE part that sucks is dealing with removing and re installing the extractor/ejectors. It is part technique part brute force. But the rifle runs so much cleaner that it isn't always necessary to take them out to clean them.
    Having carried an M16 or M4 for almost 30 years now, it pains me to admit that I have a new favorite combat rifle, but I have to admit the truth.
    Those of you frustrated with the fact that it is taking a while to get them into the US, hang in there. The rifle is now in its "A2" version. Unlike the SCAR and ACR which started selling to the civilian market before its problems were all identified and fixed, the 160 is ready to roll. So be patient and be glad that when you finally get your hands on one, it will have already been put through its paces and you won't be spending your hard earned money only to be buying into a test program.
    nice write up bro. I have been wanting a "next gen" rifle. I've been looking hard at the XCR, however their customer service and the attitude of alex robinson is the only thing holding me back. Maybe the arx160 will be "it" for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by badness View Post
    nice write up bro. I have been wanting a "next gen" rifle. I've been looking hard at the XCR, however their customer service and the attitude of alex robinson is the only thing holding me back. Maybe the arx160 will be "it" for me.
    You and I both, although I did some exploration on the XCR I quickly decided it wasn't for me. I also felt the ACR was a big dissapointment. I feel the SCAR is a good weapon with some improvements in it's design, however, like the military, I do not think it offers enough advantages to justify it's increase in cost. I am very hopeful the ARX fulfills it's potential, especially at the price point that Beretta has suggested is their goal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Am I the only one that thinks that the ARC handguard is massive? Does it feel smaller in real life?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Gen. George Smith Patton Jr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstyer View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that the ARC handguard is massive? Does it feel smaller in real life?
    You mean the ARX?, it certainly looks bulky but from all the videos I've watched it didn't seem to give the operators any problems. I hope it looks larger than it feels. Maybe MarineSniper will speak to this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast