My Springfield Armory Professional.

Extras:
    Flush cut muzzle
    Extended mag catch
    Larry Davidson "Warthog" grips

nothing like a custom shop SA 1911!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Vickers Retro 1911 on Caspian frame and slide.

Feedback Score

Sweet, I love showing off my 1911s! Both Kimbers obviously, the 5" went off to tripp research for hard chrome a couple years back since the original finish was worthless and I'm not a big fan of rust. The UCII is my carry gun currently, until my G26 is ready to go.

Feedback Score

Someday I'd like to send this one off to Hilton.

Feedback Score
    This is my Smith and Wesson 1911.

In Massachusetts handguns have to be approved by the attorney general for sale so I could not buy a Kimber or Springfield.

Smith and Wesson offered the first MA legal 1911 and I pre-ordered one right away. Unfortunately I did not wait for a model with a light rail.

So anyways, here it is SW1911 with factory Novak sights and (2) Wilson Combat eight round magazine.

I added a Hogue full wraparound grip and (2) ten round McCormick magazines.
    I like the Hogue wraparound grips, they allow me to handle the recoil extremely well.

In the future I will add a new mainspring housing with an recessed lanyard loop;and maybe a Safariland 9004
    Jules Winnfield: "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. ".

Feedback Score
    One of my Wilsons and a Les Baer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam

Vickers Retro 1911 on Caspian frame and slide.
    That's a really nice pistol.

Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I like lightly customized 1911s with spur hammers. Frankly, if the GI style grip safety didn't tear a hole in my hand I would probably carry one of those.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777
    That's a really nice pistol.

Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I like lightly customized 1911s with spur hammers. Frankly, if the GI style grip safety didn't tear a hole in my hand I would probably carry one of those.
    Thanks. It may look like a pick up truck, but it shoots and runs like a Ferrari. Larry rounded all the edges on this pistol included the GI grip safety. It is very comfortable to shoot, 200 rounds in 2 - 3 hrs is no problem. Yeah, I know that's not much, but this gun being what it is, I don't want to abuse it.

At one point we discussed the option of fitting a beavertail to the gun if I didn't like the GI grip safety, I'm glad I decided against that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast