Thread: FN new pistol FNS

Feedback Score

FN new pistol FNS

Has anyone shot the new FNS in either 9or 40 and what do you think of it ?

Feedback Score
    Welcome! A search of the forum turned up 30 threads that have the FNS in it. In the upper right hand corner, there's a "Search this forum" drop down. Click it, type in "FNS" and click the Go button. A bunch of good threads should appear.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    They're good guns. I prefer the Fnx, but you cannot detail strip it which I believe you can with the Fns. Either way, they are very well made guns but it's hard to justify $550-$600 on them because there is no aftermarket support so forget about accessorizing them or working on them yourself. On the plus side, you usually get three magazines with FN's handguns.

Good/underrated guns but I wouldn't pay over $550, not by any stretch.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I've put several hundred rounds thru my FNS-9, and I like it quite a lot. All controls are firm, and ambi. The mag release shoots the mags out, and the magwell is slightly flared. The fit and finish are tight. The accuracy is definitely there, although I shoot low some, as the sight picture is different from the Glocks I am used to. The grip is very "grippy", the grip angle is nice, and the bore axis sits low. Not much not to like about it, honestly.

Feedback Score
    I have put a couple hundred rounds through one. Accurate, consistent ejection and aggressive grip for control. As stated before, reloads are fast. I would prefer the slide release/stop to be a little more forward as I tend to hit it with strong hand thumb during recoil. I use an aggressive thumbs forward grip because of how I shoot my Glocks. I know that training could allow me to adapt to that so not a big concern. However, I do not like the manual safety. If it has to have one then I would prefer a larger 1911 style like found on the M&P. That way I could ride it and it would also prevent me from engaging the slide release. Outside of those two issues it is a very nice striker pistol and if I were to give up my Glocks it would be at the top of my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    They're good guns. I prefer the Fnx, but you cannot detail strip it which I believe you can with the Fns. Either way, they are very well made guns but it's hard to justify $550-$600 on them because there is no aftermarket support so forget about accessorizing them or working on them yourself. On the plus side, you usually get three magazines with FN's handguns.

Good/underrated guns but I wouldn't pay over $550, not by any stretch.
    There is currently an LE purchase on these for $375 , if you can get into it

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jo-mach View Post
    There is currently an LE purchase on these for $375 , if you can get into it

I'd grab two, in that case.