Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should i not buy a glock?

Feedback Score

Should i not buy a glock?

So i've been looking into getting a Glock 17. And upon doing my research about it that i do before i buy i find they have ejection problems. I've been eyeing a Gen 3 which has the problems as well. And my question is how wide spread is the problem? Are there plenty of guns running just fine? Is it bad enough to not buy a glock at the moment. Or go out and buy one and see how it shoots.

:Edit: I should have made what i said clearer my fault. I'm worried about getting a glock thats going to throw brass at my eyes. It seams if you get one that does it there isn't much of a fix.
    Last edited by morbidbattlecry; 05-27-12 at 01:39.

Feedback Score
    Most ejection issues with Glocks stem from the shooter, i.e., limp-wristing. That being said, I've owned every 9mm Glock ( sans 18) and have had nothing but great experiences with them.

The 34 I currently own has plenty of trigger work done and is an excellent range plinker. Good luck, you won't be disappointed with a Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You will probably be fine with a new one, there have been some problems but the recent ones I've shot worked fine. If you are really concerned about it buy a used one from a few years ago.

Feedback Score
    I have not heard many issues with the gen 3s. The early gen 4s had recoil spring issues but Glock had since rectum-fied the problems.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
    I have not heard many issues with the gen 3s. The early gen 4s had recoil spring issues but Glock had since rectum-fied the problems.

There have been issues with ejectors/extractors on newer guns to include Gen3s. Do some reading on this forum for more info.

That said, I am not scared of new Glocks and I have a couple with the MIM extractor that I am going to be testing out soon.

Feedback Score
    I see, I guess I owned the early-mid ones. Like all things in life, they don't make them like they used to!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Read the Glock gen3 /gen4 problem thread and decide for yourself.
    My new Gen3 19 had issues.

Feedback Score
    The 4th Gen 17 I have seems to work good. But its only got about 3000 rnds through it, I clean it religiously, and I keep a good eye on it.
    DO NOT take this as a run out and buy one now!! I think I got lucky haven't had a case to the head or any malfunctions. I have had a few head back at the 4:30 O'clock area, but nothing to the head.
    I bought it just for shits and giggles basically I needed a full size handgun and though oh what the hell. Got it for $509 from a local dealer. Plan was if it went to the crapper and brass to the head I would give Glock a chance and then sell if they didn't fix it. Then Buy a M&P full size 9. When I get the cash I am going to get a M&P and compare the 2 for my self. Keep the best sell the worst.

Right now I think waiting a little while longer might be a better idea unless you really have the cash and want to give it a spin.
    The frost sometimes makes the blade stick!!!

Feedback Score
    You could also rent one at a local range and see how you like it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
    Most ejection issues with Glocks stem from the shooter, i.e., limp-wristing.
    Maybe true in the past, Pretty far from the truth these days

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast