Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Army says no more polymer mags

Feedback Score
    Jonny,

You hit it on the head.

Feedback Score
    Also, in you guys quest for proof of stuff...dudes get fired for sharing test reports. Procurement data is 100% classified for everything the units test\buy\issue. Like lose your clearance, career, job, just to prove something you have no need to prove to "the Internet". So you can see why it's not a good deal to show how many stoppages X had over Y in independent testing by outside contractors, regardless of the digital myths that would be crushed.
    That's a real shame. Valuable info kept from good people who could benefit from it. Such is life.
    The information posted by anyone here is worth EXACTLY what you pay for it...
    Disagree. Plenty of people who run their guns hard, teach courses, have time downrange, all share personal experience here with failures or lack-thereof, all of which is worth way more than what I'm "paying" for it. In lieu of having the actual government data which you say is classified, I'll take their experiential evidence and value it according to their experience level, which is generally pretty high.
    Last edited by feedramp; 05-07-12 at 14:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK, how bout "your obligation to take any of the information here as fact is nonexistent"?

Feedback Score
    Ok, for clarification, I did get off track with my post. Pat's post about information different from his experience got me thinking. My comment was not geared towards magazines, it was a different piece of equipment. The reason why I kept it vague was to simply follow rule one. Which is:

Posting Rules

1) Derogatory Remarks – Please do not post any comments that are intentional personal attacks against other members. (Including, but not limited to, name calling, comments of a racial, religious or sexual nature.) Debate is welcome and encouraged. Personal attacks, and name calling, serve no purpose in the exchange and debate of good information. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

I didn't want to bash a SME and a moderator all in the same post. It might piss some people off. I just know that each one has an opinion on two topics that couldn't be further from reality, and the one has nothing to tell us to back up his negative opinion about a piece of equipment. All he can say is "piece of shit", however I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet what exactly his beef is. The other is giving out information about an agency when he has no clue. We contacted that agency's decision makers before we started testing which I was apart of. That's what my statement was about. I just think if you post an opinion, lets see some pictures or test results to solidify your claims. I apologize for being so vague, not for my complaint.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Most of the SMEs on here are pretty accessible and genial, should you want to say, ask them a question.

Feedback Score
    Most of the SMEs on here are pretty accessible and genial, should you want to say, ask them a question.
    Great point.

Feedback Score
    Most are top notch and awesome for giving us access to their time to pick their brains with questions.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Wow, what a shitfest this turned into...

Anyways, when I saw the title, it pissed me off at first, but the more I though about the reasoning behind it, the more I agreed with it.

First, the new tan followers address most of the issues we were having with follower tilt.

Second, mil guys are generally not gun guys, and if they are, they are generally not educated gun guys. So, they will buy whatever has the coolest packaging for the least amount of money on the PX gear queer wall. If that happens to be the newest shitty magazine, then thats what they will end up with. This new rule keep Pvt Joe from ****ing himself over, and keeps the unit standardized.

Third, imagine if the Army said you can buy your own armor as long as it can carry their plates. The super educated guys would spend the money to buy quality gear, the average joe would buy the Condor rig from the mil surplus store because it was cheap and looked cool. Sometimes (not all the time), its best to leave these decisions to the people who do the testing and can see the big picture.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAFF View Post
    In order to become a SME on this forum, you must be (or have been) attached to a Tier 1 unit or a direct action guy. Most of the SME's on here are either in or were in a Tier 1 unit.

When they give a recommendation, it is not to be taken lightly or blown off.

Some some of the SME's here are FAGs?

Chillax, folks....it's all in good fun. FAG= Former Action Guy, for those who don't know.
    It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down; it is in killing evil. It is in the strategem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand -Yagyu Munemori

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider5.56 View Post
    Ok, for clarification, I did get off track with my post. Pat's post about information different from his experience got me thinking. My comment was not geared towards magazines, it was a different piece of equipment. The reason why I kept it vague was to simply follow rule one. Which is: