Thread: Big Army says no more polymer mags

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider5.56 View Post
    I agree totally with Pat. If personal experience is different than what some SME on hear are saying, I am going with personal experience. Once again I wonder how one becomes a SME.......I have personally seen crap on here that I just can't believe people are supporting product "A" over product "B". Only thing I can figure is that they are getting freebies or it looks good in "Call of Duty, Modern Warfare". We must remember, and I am NOT knocking 90% of our true SMEs on here, if you are an "Instructor/Trainer", you got to have some kinda of new technique or new tool to make you relevant. Or you start bashing something that a majority of people have NOT had any issues with because you need to market your stuff. I love these guys who always say "If you like this, your an idiot." Then they never back up what they are saying with some actual research or examples. Then magically they appear with a new product endorsement. They are as fake as any pop singer on MTV selling records. Any acclaimed SME out there giving info just so they can make a buck can burn in hell......
    I'm with a0cake on this one dude. I think there was some reading comprehension fail on your part.

And my understanding is that the SME's on this site are verified sf dudes. That doesn't mean that they don't have differing opinions or that everyone else should bow down and do whatever an SME suggests or does. What it means is: Here is a dude with a ton of training and knowledge, been through selection, and most importantly, has had lots of actual operational experience. Not gaming and/or tons of traning or whatever some folks think make themselves qualified to disrespect SME's. When they speak, I listen with an open mind. Doesn't mean I blindly follow.

P.S. much respect for the conventional combat mos dudes too. I am specifically refering to the SME's as that is what was being addressed and their creds have been verified. There is a small but decent number of folks on this forum that definitely know what they are talking about without a status next to their name (such as a0cake).
    Last edited by sboza; 05-06-12 at 20:40.