Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army bushmaster training aids

Feedback Score

Army bushmaster training aids

So, for the third time this month I was tasked to run the Engagement skills trainer (EST) for my unit. For those of you who dont know what an EST is, it is weapons systems fired by compressed air at a movie screen. Now, the weapons are real and modified to work with compressed air. Well, to my surprise, all of the training M4s were bushmasters. Not sure if they were picked up somewhere for cheap or they didnt want waste the colts, but thought i would share what i had seen. Anyone else on an Army installation ever notice this? Why would the US Army use Bushmasters for training aids?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are a bunch of Olympic Arms training aids out there as well.

The military isn't converting weapons, they are making orders based on existing equipment which meets their training objectives. The company who makes the equipment makes mods as needed.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It has been years since i was in but we had BM rifles for the simulator in the CF. I think that was in 2006 or something the last time I used it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The EST we use also uses bushmaster M4's. The EST is a good tool, but there is inevitably one lane down. Not sure if that is more attributed to the compression system, electronics, or the rifle itself.

Feedback Score
    I suspect that this information will be distorted by the Bushmaster Fan Boys as 'proof' that the US Army uses BM M-4s, on gun forums internet wide.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bushmasters at our EST too.

Feedback Score
    I guess it is more common than I expected, I was just kind of shocked when I seen it.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    This was talked about the last time someone provided "proof positive" of the fabled Army/Bushmaster connection. Hell when I went through basic we used the same machine and for all I know it could have been a BM as well.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yeah the ISMT (Marine version) at PI had Bushmaster M-16A2's back in 2004 when I was at bootcamp.

I always wondered if that was where the whole "bushmaster .mil contract bullshit" came from.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    There are a bunch of Olympic Arms training aids out there as well.
    yup,

Bushy --> EST
    Oly --> dummy rifles for the USAF. afaik it's made with working parts (trigger group, bolt, etc) but cant fire live rounds.

ETA: mandatory Oly pics
    Last edited by Frens; 06-14-12 at 10:59.
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast