Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Army says no more polymer mags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    In the context of the Internet, trolling means making a statement/post specifically for the purpose of angering some people.

In my experience, economies of scale also drives prices down. Mil surp 5.56 and 9mm are cheap compared to rounds like 300 AAC and .40S&W. And Magpul wouldn't raise their prices because they're doing great business... if anything, they'd drop prices. Local retailers might increase prices, but that's always up to them.

Would it be skin off your back if your SWAT unit's leadership decided to ban everything but USGI mags? I'm in Afghanistan now and the banning of PMAGs hasn't quite been noticed by my leadership yet, but when they do, I won't be terribly happy.

I'm in N2KL, and my BC told us about the TACOM meesage. Then he loaded up his Pmag.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRas View Post
    I saw him eject the rounds from the pmag, if I remember correctly it jammed multiple times. If I'm in a life and death situation, that magazine failed.

I guess because the PMAG can withstand a HUMVEE running it over, it's better

I need to drink the Magpul Kool-Aid
    I think you guys are referencing different videos. He's referring to the video where the pmag is abused by a Chevy. He then loads the magazine with dummy rounds and ejects them through his rifle.

I think you're referring to the video where the soldier is abusing his pmag with a humvee and then packs it full of sand. it survives the majority of the humvee test, while the usgi and hk mags do not. There were some ejection problems when the pmag was loaded with 29 rounds, then packed with sand, but usgi mags were not put through the same test to compare them.

based on durability alone I think I'd choose the pmag, no koolaid required.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
    I'm in N2KL, and my BC told us about the TACOM meesage. Then he loaded up his Pmag.
    Do as I say, not as I do...

I'm actually wondering how this affects other services in the CJOA-A, as although the Army pretty much runs the Joint environment here, not everyone is Army.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    The Army has enough problems as it is. I don't understand why the Army would limit Soldiers from using the best equipment intentionally.
    Because we are returning to a peace time mentality. Time to start painting some rocks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
    Because we are returning to a peace time mentality. Time to start painting some rocks.
    You got that right...
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I have had to do the stupidest things while being here.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Would it be skin off your back if your SWAT unit's leadership decided to ban everything but USGI mags? I'm in Afghanistan now and the banning of PMAGs hasn't quite been noticed by my leadership yet, but when they do, I won't be terribly happy.
    Good points and point taken. I probably came off harsh. Hope you can keep your PMAGS stuffed in a pack somewhere, or use their followers at least. Be safe, take care.

Feedback Score
    And I was thinking that painting grass in green and painting wheels on APCs with a toothpaste was Warsaw Pact special...
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Do as I say, not as I do...
    Quite the opposite, actually. He told us about the message.
    Last edited by TheBelly; 06-06-12 at 08:55.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The truth.... It hurts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast