Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: First look, Storm Lake Fitted barrels for S&W M&P!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Having an advantage of being close to G&R, I wasted no time to get my M&P in on this offering. I've always had an issue with accuracy being both this auto and me and my old eyes. Grant did a smack up job on this going to attempt to get to the range tomorrow to give it a run.

Out of several stock m&p barrel specimens measured, the (hood?) averages were around and very close to about 1.219, mine came in the shortest in the group at about 1.215. Not that tight. That might explain some of the misses / big groups at 25 yards. Have to say, this storm barrel locks up tight.

Feedback Score
    i would only guess these are great since the regular drop in stormlake 9mm full size ported barrel i have works great!i`ve had a stormlake ported barrel and will attest to their quality!they are precision machined and not one issue!good luck to all sounds like a really good thing here.

Feedback Score
    Something I am very interested in as well. These look to be very promising.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Definitely interested myself! Accuracy issues are the only reason I haven't gotten one in 9mm yet.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp45 View Post
    Having an advantage of being close to G&R, I wasted no time to get my M&P in on this offering. I've always had an issue with accuracy being both this auto and me and my old eyes. Grant did a smack up job on this going to attempt to get to the range tomorrow to give it a run.

Out of several stock m&p barrel specimens measured, the (hood?) averages were around and very close to about 1.219, mine came in the shortest in the group at about 1.215. Not that tight. That might explain some of the misses / big groups at 25 yards. Have to say, this storm barrel locks up tight.

I'm jealous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok, I suck.. First groups were close but my old bad habits began to intervene. It seemed to be hitting low to the left, but a very good group for me. Winchester white box and federal 115 gr., the cheap stuff. These were the first five shots at 25 yds.

A local police dept was doing training at the range and I asked one of the officers more proficient than me to test. This time low to right but crazy good group, 3 rds at 25 yds. Windage might be fine, just need to compensate for elevation or change sights. He did comment on the trigger work Grant had done on it, he was impressed. No issues with the barrel, just the shooter..

Last edited by jmp45; 05-17-12 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Those groups are excellent! Depending on your hold and such, your sights might need to be drifted one way or another (hard to say for certain).

C4

Feedback Score
    Any testers in the 5" guns yet? Probably not yet since it looks like you only have two units running at the moment.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayse View Post
    Any testers in the 5" guns yet? Probably not yet since it looks like you only have two units running at the moment.
    Don't have the barrels yet, but when we do get them, will need 3 beta testers for certain.

C4

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Don't have the barrels yet, but when we do get them, will need 3 beta testers for certain.

C4
    I'd be happy to test one of those 4.25" barrels for you Grant!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mtdawg169; 05-18-12 at 16:05.

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast