I've read on here, other shooting forums, and on FaceBook of guns having squibs, feeding issues, and even KaBooms with what appears to be in increase in "cheap" or "reman ammo/factory new reloads" and my personal favorite the "super duper self defense loads, just for bubba's and dumb-asses" Has anyone else noticed this trend? I have looked up these companies sites and to be realistic is it really worth saving $1.00 or $2.00 when you blow up a $500 to $30,000 gun?? I witnessed a guy detonate an XDS 45 (brand new unfired until this day) all because he wanted to use some cheap gun show reloads instead of buying quality ammunition. The majority of my shooting is done with ammunition that comes off my own reloading presses so if something goes wrong I have no one to blame other than myself.

To put it into perspective:
50 rds of 230 gr ball 45 ACP cost me roughly $9.00
50 rds of 115 gr ball 9mm runs me just over $6.50

The start up cost can be painful but if you shop around you can land yourself some good equipment for a decent price. All in all I've just been wondering if its something that others have noticed or am I seeing things?