Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More guns choking and KaBooming on reman/cheap ammo???

Feedback Score

More guns choking and KaBooming on reman/cheap ammo???

I've read on here, other shooting forums, and on FaceBook of guns having squibs, feeding issues, and even KaBooms with what appears to be in increase in "cheap" or "reman ammo/factory new reloads" and my personal favorite the "super duper self defense loads, just for bubba's and dumb-asses" Has anyone else noticed this trend? I have looked up these companies sites and to be realistic is it really worth saving $1.00 or $2.00 when you blow up a $500 to $30,000 gun?? I witnessed a guy detonate an XDS 45 (brand new unfired until this day) all because he wanted to use some cheap gun show reloads instead of buying quality ammunition. The majority of my shooting is done with ammunition that comes off my own reloading presses so if something goes wrong I have no one to blame other than myself.

To put it into perspective:
    50 rds of 230 gr ball 45 ACP cost me roughly $9.00
    50 rds of 115 gr ball 9mm runs me just over $6.50

The start up cost can be painful but if you shop around you can land yourself some good equipment for a decent price. All in all I've just been wondering if its something that others have noticed or am I seeing things?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Me and buddy were just talking about some Tula ammo that acted up in his AK this weekend. I swore off the cheapest stuff along time ago. Now I get the second to cheapest, for AK. Always quality ammo for the AR tho.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gun show reloads....NO WAY! Everything else I don't have a problem with. I buy what's on sale/cheapest. Turkish, Czech, Russian, Serbian, Romanian, S. Korean, steel case....I buy and shoot it all. The only ones I stayed away from were Pakistani POF ammo. Since starting in this hobby in 98 I have had 2 bad Wolf cartridges in 7.62x39. Both came from the same box and both had primers set a little too deep where the firing pin wouldn't reach. Those have been my only 2 problems ever.

I like the sound and the idea of reloading but it's not for me. I lack interest and don't have the patience to do it. There is no way I could sit there for longer than 5 min. Also have no interest in working up loads and trying different stuff. Just gimme my ammo so I can shoot.

The only trend I noticed is that people are blowing everything out of proportion. One guy gets a one bad round and proceeds go on every gun board ans social media to bitch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I blew up a springfield 1911 with a double charged reload I made myself! I, like others, will shoot just about any cheap ammo, but not random reloads (AArms is ok, etc)
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A few people in my gun club shoot Blazer aluminum case pistol ammunition by the case and haven't complained about blowing anything up. It's not the most accurate ammunition, but it's good enough to place well at a USPSA match.

I avoid remanufactured ammunition myself, I don't have as much time for reloading as I did in the past and am considering stocking up on Blazer.

If you reload long enough, you will make a mistake at some point and hopefully not blow up an expensive firearm.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I agree that you tempt the odds and the Gods long enough you'll make a mistake. Not getting complacent is key with that.

I'm not really referring to aluminum case Blazer or Federal as "cheap" as I've shot my share of that stuff over the years and I have to say that its decent stuff. What I'm referring to is buying stuff that's nearly the same price as reputable factory new stuff and then being shocked when there are issues with it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Got UZI View Post
    I agree that you tempt the odds and the Gods long enough you'll make a mistake. Not getting complacent is key with that.

I'm not really referring to aluminum case Blazer or Federal as "cheap" as I've shot my share of that stuff over the years and I have to say that its decent stuff. What I'm referring to is buying stuff that's nearly the same price as reputable factory new stuff and then being shocked when there are issues with it.

For only $1 difference per box, I won't buy remanufactured ammunition.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just will not use reman ammo. Nor do I shoot reloads with the exception of ones from a close friend of mine, and that just a handful a year.
    Seen TOO many problems over the past several decades with them. A couple years ago, there was a brand floating around these parts called ZERO Reman. ammo. I chronoed this garbage and it was FLAT OUT DANGEROUS. I literally threw away what I had, not to mention they were apparently using coal for powder...filthiest, stinking-est shit Ive ever shot in my life. I then just called it quits. Good Federal/Winchester range ammo is down low again at WW or other places, and for myself I just do not see the need or advantage to save $1-$2 or on a box of ammo. BLAZER has never given me a problem on the range and I stay stocked up on it. And I agree with T2C...you WILL make a mistake reloading if you do it long enough. Ive seen men who have reloaded longer than Ive been alive..50 years..do it.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I don't shoot reloads or reman.

I just don't have the time, desire, or interest to reload.

Feedback Score
    I had a ruptured case from tula and bought a reloader after that. If your a shooter, a reloader pays for itself in a year or two and gives you better quality ammo, win-win.

I have had bad experiences with factory reloads also, but not overcharged.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast