Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Corrosion Testing (New Pics - 5-08-12)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Wow.

Really disappointed in Slip EWL.
    I think it has been no secret that EWL is a better lubricant than a preservative

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am surprised with Frog Lube simply because I have seen people like Hilton Yam start offering the product and boast it's corrosion resistance, but then again, I had these concerns over the fact it is biodegradable.

Feedback Score
    Holy smokes I almost feel like I need to leave work early and go home to check on everything that has Slip 2000 EWL on it!

That Armalube certainly is some scary stuff.
    Last edited by F_G; 04-27-12 at 10:48.
    "This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?"-Iraqgunz

"You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime." - B. Munro

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was sold on weapons shield about 3 years ago and this just makes me happier about it.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay35 View Post
    Looks like I might be better off using Mobil 1 than FrogLube.
    This is not a test of performance as a lubricant, but specifically as a rust inhibitor. There really is no best of both worlds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am pretty disappointed by Frog lube as a rust inhibitor but will continue to use it on my glocks since they don't rust easily anyways. I guess I better use something else for guns in the storage...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    This is not a test of performance as a lubricant, but specifically as a rust inhibitor. There really is no best of both worlds.
    The challenge is FrogLube apparently doesn't play well with petroleum-based products, so if you've Froglubed a weapon and you want to store it you might need to go through removing that first before applying a rust inhibitor / storage oil.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Wow. I primarily use Slip 2000 EWL-30 now and I did find my BCM with rust on it the other day for the first time........ interesting... **** it though, the stuff works so good -- a little rust never hurt nobody! (especially when it wipes right off... )

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Thanks for taking the time to do this comparison.

Feeling pretty good my choice choosing Weapon Shield above all others at this point. Its lubrication is great, but knowing it works well as a rust inhibitor is even more comforting.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Wedge,
    Looks good.

I've found CLP and EEzox good for preventing rust but I never really considered them good lubes, mainly because, in a short-short, they dry out.
    The hard part is finding a good lube that is also either a good rust preventative and/or it is compatible with the rust preventative you use.

From my elementary tests, I was always surprised at how poor most (as in almost all) greases performed. I grew up thinking grease was the ultimate rust protection but... Oh well....

Thanks again.

But maybe it's just me...

Last edited by ucrt; 04-27-12 at 14:16.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast