Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P grip reduction

Feedback Score

M&P grip reduction

I'm looking into having the grip of my M&P reduced to make it more small-hand friendly. I'm thinking about sending it to a smith who actually removes the grip insert, fills it in with Acraglas or something similar, then grinds away at it, much like a Glock grip reduction. The only problem is, I JB Welded the grip tool in place because it kept working its way loose. I filled in the hole at the bottom of the frame where the grip tool slides into with JB Weld and stuck the tool in. The grip panel is still removable once the tool is taken off, however. Does anyone foresee a problem with this? I don't mind if the tool and insert are hacked off as I'll never use them again.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You'd have to ask somebody that performs grip reductions. Here's one I'm aware of: http://firearmconcepts.com/
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    That is actually the very one I was going to send my gun to! I was asking just in case I wound up attempting it myself. I'm also somewhat reluctant to spend $160 for shipping both ways just to find out it won't work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try it yourself? Has no one done it with an m&P yet?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    I'm looking into having the grip of my M&P reduced to make it more small-hand friendly. I'm thinking about sending it to a smith who actually removes the grip insert, fills it in with Acraglas or something similar, then grinds away at it, much like a Glock grip reduction. The only problem is, I JB Welded the grip tool in place because it kept working its way loose. I filled in the hole at the bottom of the frame where the grip tool slides into with JB Weld and stuck the tool in. The grip panel is still removable once the tool is taken off, however. Does anyone foresee a problem with this? I don't mind if the tool and insert are hacked off as I'll never use them again.

You can't stipple arcaglas, so unless you like having a smooth backstrap area, then I would stay away from that method.

You are better off sending it to http://firearmconcepts.com/ as mentioned by JSantoro.

He is a member of M4C, Joeywhat is his username; he does great work on reducing M&P's.

Unless you know the exact epoxy to work with, and feel comfortable recontouring the whole backstrap area, then you are better off sending it out instead of possibly destroying your frame.
    Last edited by Rattlehead; 05-22-12 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    David Kenik had something similar done to his M&P 45: http://www.handgunsmag.com/2010/09/2...ngmp45_200808/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    Just send it, we'll take care of it.
    Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    Sent it in today, will post pics when I get it back.

Feedback Score
    you wont be dissapointed. DFC does some of the best work in the buisness. All my glocks have Joe's treatment. and currently waiting on my SHIELD to get done.

Awesome work and a great guy to deal with.
    Liberty Defense Training- Owner/lead instructor

Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute- Staff Instructor

Michigan Dept. of Corrections- Officer

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    You will be happy with DFC, Joey does a great job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast