Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post your SCAR tips, tweaks, tricks, and odd bits here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    ...I welcome any constructive feedback anyone might have.
    Rhino, I would say I agree with you 100% and have done much the same as you regarding spare parts for my 16s. Great post.

As you can see, I also favor the Vltor stock replacement. Not only does it provide great storage, but it also includes a built-in QD socket. On a similar note, I'm trying out the GG&G Rear QD. It's not an ideal solution in my mind, but it was available. Fortunately, IWC and others are working on other designs that won't require removal of receiver screws.
    Last edited by BJV; 12-21-13 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the write up Rhino! I really need to get some replacement parts for the 16 and 17, now I have a better idea of where I need to start. Of course having more than one of each May be good too!

Feedback Score
    Try pb blaster. Let it soak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    In case anyone doesnt know, you can use a set screw like in an ar15 to preload the trigger. With polish work etc you can get into the 4.5# range easily!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Post your SCAR tips, tweaks, tricks, and odd bits here

My 17S runs great with the Sandman S mounted. Still on the factory jet, just switched to the suppressed setting when the can is on.

As others have mentioned, they seem to be a bit picky on what can is used.

Still my all time favorite battle rifle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 10-25-20 at 21:13.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    12: The battery storage compartment in the stock makes a perfect mounting location for a flush fit Q/D cup. I use this one from Noveske:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

13: The front sight hood can be easily cut/ground down to closer replicate most M4 front sights. This stops the hood from blocking your vision if you use a red dot with the irons up, and it allows you to place a flashlight further back on a PWS rail if you happen to have one installed. When removing the front sight to cut/grind on it, the retaining nut has a pin through it. You can shear the retaining nut right off if you don't remove the pin first (ask me how I know).

14: The Magpul safety selector made a huge difference for me. Personal preference, but I recommend you at least try one out.

15: Be careful when setting up double feeds for malfunction practice. There is a chance the round you throw into the chamber can work its way above the bolt and ride inside the top of the bolt carrier (sort of like an M4 bolt override...sort of). The rifle will function, but will have trouble seating and feeding from new magazines if you have the muzzle pointed up. The rifle has to be disassembled to remove this round. I shot about 3 mags worth with a round floating up there, and was ready to shit can some magazines because they were producing double feeds after I sent the bolt forward.

16: Hopefully an obvious one, but PMags need to be slightly modified to not damage the bolt catch/release. There is a ton of info out there about this, and it only takes 10 seconds per mag and a bastard file. USGI, SF60, Tango Down ARC, Lancer, and Troy mags all work without modification (and I'm sure others too, those are just what I have experience with).
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    VTAC low-profile sling mount works well if you don't want to attach a QD to the front

http://www.vikingtactics.com/slingacc_lpsm.html

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    12: The battery storage compartment in the stock makes a perfect mounting location for a flush fit Q/D cup. I use this one from Noveske:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=
    Would love to see pics of this and how you went about it, if you get a chance.
    I have far more guns than I realistically need, but far less than I want. - NongShim

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronFitz View Post
    Would love to see pics of this and how you went about it, if you get a chance.
    Agree. I've seen a few related threads on FNF, including this one, but it would be good to consolidate as much of this kind of learning as we can here.

AC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thats it, Chief.

He's the only one( and the first)I know of running that set up on FNF. Could that be Tom? I guess he can come out and tell us!

On the topic, the more you shoot it, the better trigger gets( ain't that true with most, if not all, guns?). I noticed it as early as around 60 rounds down the pipe.

Awesome post and idea, BTW.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast