Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: poison gas while firing my AR rapidly

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

poison gas while firing my AR rapidly

So I noticed that when I fire 3 to 5 shots rapidly though my AR at the local indoor range, I get gassed pretty badly. It is an unpleasant feeling and makes me wince. Now im pretty used to it, and its happened many times before, but I feel like its a bit much out of my M4, and i dont remember ever experienciing it in any of my issued weapons, aleit most of those were fired outside. It is a CMMG upper on a Spikes lower, with a BCM gunfighter charging handle. Is it normal for it to be so prominent? Take note, I shoot VERY quickly during these strings.
    heres the rifle in question:

Thanks guys
    Last edited by masakari; 03-28-12 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    I have never experienced that, but I shoot outside. You may want to slow down you shots, or just shoot outside.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Google the RTV Sealant fix for your charging handle.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That's one of the main reasons I hate shooting at the indoor range close to my home. I think it has alot to do with the way they ventilate some indoor ranges.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    That's one of the main reasons I hate shooting at the indoor range close to my home. I think it has alot to do with the way they ventilate some indoor ranges.
    Ok, so you think it has more to do with being indoors?
    i figured thats what it was. I used to live in the desert so i shot outside alot and just wasnt as affected.
    I have heard of the RTV sealant for charging handles, but i just wanted to make sure that it wasnt a problem with the rifle. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bad ventelation at the indoor range.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Dude, its just a little hexavalent chromium...no worries

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Spend some time in a shoot house with 4 dudes firing simultaneously in a room. You'll get over it pretty quick.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Try shooting with a suppressor. My SPR/M4 can blows gas back in my face like (something really disgusting and perverted). I've tried the Gas Buster charging handle, but it really didn't help all that much. I am going to try the RTV sealant one of these days. Until then, I just wear eye pro and keep my mouth closed when I shoot. It seems the dirtier my rifle is, the less gas blow back. Either way it isn't a big issue and I sure hope it isn't poison.
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormydog1724 View Post
    Try shooting with a suppressor. My SPR/M4 can blows gas back in my face like (something really disgusting and perverted). I've tried the Gas Buster charging handle, but it really didn't help all that much. I am going to try the RTV sealant one of these days. Until then, I just wear eye pro and keep my mouth closed when I shoot. It seems the dirtier my rifle is, the less gas blow back. Either way it isn't a big issue and I sure hope it isn't poison.
    I'm left handed, and I look like a coal miner or a chimney sweep after half a mag through my SPR/M4. Even with the RTV sealant trick.

My guess is it's the lousy ventilation in the range. I've shot indoors on a range with good ventilation (unsuppressed) and it didn't cause any trouble.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast