I normally clean my rifles after every trip to the range. (Que the OCD comments....)

Usually, I'm not in a rush to clean them, so I leave the cased guns sitting out so I remember they need to be cleaned. They could sit there for 3 days or up to 3 weeks before I got around to actually cleaning them.

When I got home from the range yesterday, I took the two rifles directly to my bench and ran solvent through them and let them sit, while I did other things for a couple of hours.

They cleaned up so easily I don't think I even had to run more than 4 patches down them and they were bore-scope spotless.

I've let the solvent sit overnight in rifles after sitting for a week or so in their cases, they were still difficult to get clean.

The big change, that made a huge difference, was doing it immediately after firing.

This may not be news to some. I knew it would probably be better, I was just amazed at how much better doing it this way actually was........

Continue to not clean your guns, that isn't the point of this information. If you do keep your guns clean, this may be worth trying if you haven't.