Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cantor: Beware of the Obama tax increases

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They are already monetizing debt. That train (printing) has left Inflation Station.

B_C

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Obviously Obama has taken a graduate course in Marxist economic policies and studied hard to learn that the way to have a successful economy is to take an asset from person A and give it to person B.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    Obviously Obama has taken a graduate course in Marxist economic policies and studied hard to learn that the way to have a successful economy is to take an asset from person A and give it to person B.
    Are you surprised? During his campaign he repeatedly stated he was for "redistribution of wealth" and yet he was elected. I can see low to no income people voting for him but there were a metric shit ton of middle/upper-middle/upper class that voted for him as well. What the @^&$ were they thinking?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Are you surprised? During his campaign he repeatedly stated he was for "redistribution of wealth" and yet he was elected. I can see low to no income people voting for him but there were a metric shit ton of middle/upper-middle/upper class that voted for him as well. What the @^&$ were they thinking?
    Obama to Joe the plumber - share the wealth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    What happens when the money runs out?
    Print more money and increase the national debt.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I don't recall a lot of thinking going on during the 2008 campaign. I recall a lot of people swooning over Obama's skills as an orator (skills I never once perceived) or describing the tingle that ran up their leg when the man gave a speech. I recall a lot of goofy campaign signs like the one where Obama is looking down his nose like Il Duce himself above the word: HOPE written in big letters....a sign so ridiculous even a hardcore member of the Maoist cadre would have been forced to chuckle at the arrogance of it.

I recall the fervor displayed when Obama came through my area...and none of it was related to his policies. It reminded me more of what you would see if you announced that a celebrity was going to make an unexpected appearance. Seeing the people line up for transport to the venue (I wouldn't go near the place personally as the USSS on scene was not in a pleasant mood) I didn't hear much talk about substantive policy, but more a general sense of excitement that you would expect from a group of people going to see a faith healer or something.

I recall sitting in a class behind a group of teen-something mush-heads who were gathered around a laptop.

"God, that's sexy. Just look at that!"

Now being the loveable curmudgeon that I am, I expected to see them ogling some sort of girlie pic...or, realizing that this was an institution of higher learning, possibly a picture of some foppish male pop star. It turned out to be a big picture of Obama looking down his nose like Il Duce again.

"Imagine THAT as our president! That's so awesome!"

Now clearly these teenage mush-heads were much better educated than I, and in possession of more wisdom and experience in the world to boot, so perhaps in my bitter clinginess I missed out on traces of the conversation about the deep implications of then candidate Obama's proposed policies before I walked into class. I suppose it's also possible by inveterate racism prevented me from picking up on the substantive policy discussions happening among the throngs lined up to go see Obama (complete with all their Obama logo apparel) like little kids waiting on the bus to take them to Disney World.

I'm almost positive that none of those people...all of them smarter, better educated, and overall better people than me in every conceivable way...could have been subject to the "Dontcha wanna be a Pepper too!" effect. I mean, I know they talked about the "electricity" in the room when he visited and generally spoke in terms that sounded eerily familiar to descriptions of mass spirit possession events among Boxers in China...but these people were all so adamant about their superiority that I have to conclude that my observations are merely the product of a nefarious blend of racism, greed, nativism, anti-intellectualism, superstition, hatred of the poor, and being a redneck.

Therefore my theory that those people voted for Obama with all of the deliberate consideration a sorority girl doing kegstands displays in selection of a sexual partner...with all the attendant next-morning consequences of such a tryst...couldn't possibly be correct.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    What happens when the money runs out?
    Easy, they just print more of it!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12