Page 18 of 149 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    Riverine,

Thanks for the info. Will look into the 6378 as the holster. I have seen the HSGI UDHP and like the fact you can get it up higher on the leg than a 6004.
    LIBERTY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's my BFG Molle Belt Setup:

Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.

Feedback Score
    I have a blackwater belt that is pretty much identical to yours...

I like it.
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    X-belt PS from CTOMS

I set this belt up for use with my carbine. I shoot pistol most often, and had to come to a compromise between mag accessability, muscle memory and mobility. I decided to keep mag pouches away from the front side of my belt so I can bend normally. I also decided to keep my M4 magazines on my reaction side because when I wear this belt my M4 will be my primary. With my magazines on my strong arm side I decided to mount them horizontally, which allows me to bend and flex like normal and keeps my reload times close to what I'm used with magazines on my reaction side (like when I shoot pistol). The only hiccup is I have to train with this belt at the pistol range from time to time so I have awareness of where I have my magazines mounted.

I chose not to go with a drop leg holster. I found during my time in Iraq that anything on the leg can and will turn into a pain in the ass when the shit hits the fan, so I went with a blade-tech dropped and offset holster. It drops the pistol enough to keep it out of the way, yet is securely attached to me belt.

a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Panzerr, I have to say that while I'm typically anti-battle-belt, that is the most sensible version I've seen. I might do some different monkeying around with the magazines, but I like your approach.

I have actually toyed with the idea of setting one up similarly but instead of the DOH holster I was going to pick up a spare Raven (which is what my concealment holster is) and bolt the belt loops through two rows of the molle so that it rides on the belt, not below it. Would be strictly a training rig for me.
    Last edited by rob_s; 08-13-09 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    Panzer- what is the retention system for your handgun mags. It looks like those might be easy to loose?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    Panzer- what is the retention system for your handgun mags. It looks like those might be easy to loose?
    It looks like one of the Eagle Double Pistol Mag Pouch, FB MOLLE with the flaps cut off, and if so those magazines are fine. I have a couple of the singles and the FB system retains the magazines very well.

Last edited by rob_s; 08-13-09 at 13:45.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Panzerr, I have to say that while I'm typically anti-battle-belt, that is the most sensible version I've seen. I might do some different monkeying around with the magazines, but I like your approach.
    Thanks. I don't typically use this. I also prefer to put mag pouches directly on my belt, but I do like this for cold weather use. When I pile on the layers I can put this directly over my clothing.
    a former meatpuppet.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It looks like one of the Eagle Double Pistol Mag Pouch, FB MOLLE with the flaps cut off, and if so those magazines are fine. I have a couple of the singles and the FB system retains the magazines very well.
    You got it. I'm going to try out a kydex double mag holder of some sort. As you can see with the eagle FB pouches they are a little cock-eyed relative to each other as a result of mounting them horizontally.
    a former meatpuppet.

Feedback Score

FOR SALE: French army rifle, NEVER FIRED, dropped once...

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    -Adamesq

Page 18 of 149 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast