Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HK416 production suspended due to combat failure?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Next the Tactical wire will tell us that Rob's chart is broken and had to be witdrawn from service (or that Rob is broken and had to be withdrawn from service)

Tactical wire is sponsored by Bushmaster: The king of Milspec firearms.

Last edited by Ed L.; 04-03-09 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    LOL. Another golden piece of internet firearms wisdom. It doesn't matter that it is totally false. It will be cited by fanboys of whatever competing brand until the end of time.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Smells of fertilizer, if you ask me....

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Guys,

Unless we get some confirmation of this REAL soon I think this one needs to be put to bed.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I made my comment based on his comment. I quote "MMMMMMMM........kay.....That's exactly opposite from everything I've heard from guys running that platform.

Yeah his avatar would indicate he's in the military. Well guess what? So was I. Maybe he's spent time in Iraq with some HSLD types that have employed the 416. Guess what? SO HAVE I. Has he personally used the weapon? Nope, not by his comments. So does that make him qualified to form a compelling argument against a professional with first hand experience on the platform? Not by a long shot. His obvious sarcasm with the "MMMMMMM...kay..." crap indicates he is being argumentative to the facts and findings posted by the OP.
    Yeah, the guy who made that comment (MajorAR) owned a 416 upper.

According to Mark LaRue, he gave MajorAR a Stealth upper for T&E which mysteriously ended up for sale on an internet forum. Sounds like a great guy.

Jay

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mark Larue,

You can send me one for T&E and I guarantee it will not be sold!

Christopher Columbus

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Unless we get some confirmation of this REAL soon I think this one needs to be put to bed.
    My bad, I should have been more clear in my last post.

Today, I spoke with the President of HK-USA and he referred to the suggestion that 416 production had been halted as, and I quote, "ludicrous."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks like enough sources have clarified that this had no basis in fact. The thread will remain closed until something factual arises saying otherwise.

ToddG Guest
    Official statement made by Heckler & Koch:

Contrary to anonymous source reports on the Internet, the U.S. military HAS NOT “encountered significant problems with HK Model 416s in combat conditions.” HK416s are currently being used in combat operations by U.S. and NATO special operations forces.

Furthermore, Heckler & Koch HAS NOT suspended production of the HK416. The HK416 continues to be one of Heckler & Koch’s most successful and sought after products.
    I don't care what the detractors say, I've still got the MR556 on my Want List.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Okay folks, I think we can wrap this one up!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234