Page 82 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by althor View Post
    I ordered and received my trigger housing with the 30274 ejector from Lone Wolf Distributors about a week ago.

I have a Gen4 G17 PMPxxx originally supplied with:

336 ejector
    0-2-1 RSA
    and what is most likely what is being referred to as the dip extractor.

After about 100-200 rounds I started to get ejected cases to the head and face. I would say that I was getting 4 or 5 per magazine. The worst was that I had a case fall between my glasses and eye that actually made contact with my eye that caused much watering and discomfort for about two days.

I replaced the RSA with the 0-2-4, and that did nothing to eliminate the problem.

At one point I tried a LWD extractor, but there was very little change and in fact I believe it made things a bit worse.

Eventually I modified my ejector by shortening and angling it as described in other posts. That solved the problem of rounds to the face, but my cases still showed signs of hitting the ejection port with the triangle shaped scrape on the mouth. Although the rounds quit hitting me in the face, ejection still seemed weak.

I have now replaced the trigger housing with the latest version that has the 30274 ejector and ejection is consistently at 4 o'clock and several feet away. The scrapes on the case mouth have also been eliminated. The problem appears to be solved.
    This is very good to know for future contingencies. Thanks much for this report.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    Please keep thread as close to the original topic as possible. Thanks guys.
    Sorry.
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Sorry...back to the topic.

Has anyone tried the H.R.E.D. by White Sound Defense to fix the erratic ejection problem?

I might order one and try it with my stock extractor (while waiting for the Apex unit).

This unit along with Apex's machined extractor holds some promise.

- brickboy240
    I tried the H.R.E.D. & it didn't make any difference that I could see.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    Does anyone have the newer ejectors in stock? I'd like to buy a couple to try in my GEN 3s.
    Try Midway, I got some from then a few days ago.

Feedback Score
    LWD also has them. They are standard in the Gen 4 housing.

Feedback Score
    Got a new non-dipped 9mm LCI today as of June 2012.
    I'm currently using a polished/"tuned" dipped extractor's that's given me strong ejection 3-4 o'clock....except for the occasional one to the face on the last round in the mag with every couple hundred of rounds.
    Haven't shot with it yet, going to try it hopefully soon.

Got pictures to show differences from a dipped extractor from December of 2011 that was throwing cases everywhere.

New non-dipped:

New extractor on right, old problematic on left (very little used, only has around 20 rounds through it):

New extractor on right, old problematic on left:

New extractor on right, old problematic on left:

Talked to a Glock Armorer today on the status of these extractors (and how they're sporadic as dipped ones are plenty)....his explanation is that Glock's production line isn't consistent and universal, as there's different things going on at different places.
    Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 06-08-12 at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Kilo,

These are both from Glock, correct?

How did you get the non-dipped version? Send gun in? Or was this what came with a newly purchased Glock?

Feedback Score
    Does the new extractor have a "2" on the back?

If so...a couple of guys on Glock Talk have bought those from Glockparts.com and had good luck with them.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

If so...a couple of guys on Glock Talk have bought those from Glockparts.com and had good luck with them.

- brickboy240
    The number likely has little significance. I got a similar one under warranty repair marked with a 3 that has significantly improved ejection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score

- brickboy240
    The ones with the 2 from Glockparts have dips, no different than the ones already on my guns. I ordered 2 of them. They have the "2" but are dipped. His looks like a pre-MIM LCI extractor. More of an angle than the LW extrator. I'd like to know where he got it too.

Page 82 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast