Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX160 Update

Feedback Score
    ...and the Mexican Police:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    How far have we fallen in the world firearms importation hierarchy when the Mexicans and Albanians have a Beretta before we do?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    ...and the Mexican Police:
    I never understood why Mexico bought Berettas. They just barely released the FX-05.

Anybody got any info about the thought process??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CumbiaDude View Post
    I never understood why Mexico bought Berettas. They just barely released the FX-05.

Anybody got any info about the thought process??

Mexican Police Got the Berettas.
    The Mexican Military (AKA Cartel) did the whole FX-05 thing.
    The frost sometimes makes the blade stick!!!

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Having had to deal with beretta's "customer service" before, I will pass on this one.

Feedback Score

ARX-160 A2

Just thought I would let you guys know. I am a PMC working an instructor job on a foreign special forces contract. My unit received over 1100 ARX 160 A2s and my platoon was tasked with test firing them ALL (sounded good at first but it's tedious).

We also have a large batch of HK 416s on order that have not yet arrived.

Today was the first day we took them out for testing. All I can say is WOW. I honestly believe they need to cancel our order of 416s. The rifle performs flawless. We tested it in both modes of fire, semi and then full auto. We also tested both ejection modes in left and right. The rifle's recoil is focused into its center of gravity. It has the lowest recoil impulse of any piston gun I have ever fired (and I've fired most of them). Everyone in my platoon immediately fell in love with the rifle. It is so versatile, so reliable, easy to use and has a very small learning curve when transitioning from an M4 platform. Today we fired over 100 of them and had zero malfunctions. I would like to see some sort of adjustable cheek comb added like the ACR and SCAR have, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Having fired the XCR, ACR, SCAR and 416 previously, and with over 20 years experience as a combat firearms instructor and former military guy, my honest opinion is that this is the rifle to save your money for if they hit the states. This thing runs like a sewing machine and is no doubt the most under rated rifle out there among the Gen 3 combat carbines. We also have the detachable grenade launchers but will not be taking those to the range for a month or so.

Feedback Score
    Impressive review. I'll try to get in line for one anyway.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Wink

Let's flip a coin.
    Out of this rifle and the Tavor.
    Which would you choose?

I'm taking sides with the Tavor.

Feedback Score
    Now Baretta needs to make sure they don't blow it by making a "civilian" version and basically turn it into garbage. Make no changes besides full auto and barrel length, please. We don't need Bushmaster ACR 2.0.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineSniper8541 View Post
    Just thought I would let you guys know. I am a PMC working an instructor job on a foreign special forces contract. My unit received over 1100 ARX 160 A2s and my platoon was tasked with test firing them ALL (sounded good at first but it's tedious).

We also have a large batch of HK 416s on order that have not yet arrived.

Today was the first day we took them out for testing. All I can say is WOW. I honestly believe they need to cancel our order of 416s. The rifle performs flawless. We tested it in both modes of fire, semi and then full auto. We also tested both ejection modes in left and right. The rifle's recoil is focused into its center of gravity. It has the lowest recoil impulse of any piston gun I have ever fired (and I've fired most of them). Everyone in my platoon immediately fell in love with the rifle. It is so versatile, so reliable, easy to use and has a very small learning curve when transitioning from an M4 platform. Today we fired over 100 of them and had zero malfunctions. I would like to see some sort of adjustable cheek comb added like the ACR and SCAR have, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Having fired the XCR, ACR, SCAR and 416 previously, and with over 20 years experience as a combat firearms instructor and former military guy, my honest opinion is that this is the rifle to save your money for if they hit the states. This thing runs like a sewing machine and is no doubt the most under rated rifle out there among the Gen 3 combat carbines. We also have the detachable grenade launchers but will not be taking those to the range for a month or so.
    sounds promising. Keep us updated!
    Last edited by GrandPooba; 04-30-12 at 20:08.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast