Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New build won’t group

Feedback Score
    I am in the process of everything with sionics….don’t want to give an update till it is over and I know everything for sure

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Fair enough, I too am interested, glad this one got bumped.

Hopefully it was just a lemon and they get a new barrel back to you soon.
    Last edited by Gunpartpicker; 04-23-24 at 22:39.
    Head developer at https://gunpartpicker.net/

Feedback Score
    So here’s what ended up happening…. They took the upper out and shot it last week. The guy forgot his bipod and shot it at 36 yards using an eotech.He used three different ammunition types the groups ranged from 2-3 inches it appeared. The smallest being black hills match grade 77gr. He said he thought it was okay because he was just using a mag as a monopod. I asked that he shoot it again with a bipod. Groups were smaller than I got but still not good. He shot it yesterday at 100 with a bipod, rear bag, and 1-10 on it using the match grade black hills. He got about a 2 1/4 inch group. Once again not good in my opinion although it seemed to be getting better each time it was shot. He agreed it wasn’t great and they are going to put a new barrel on it. Today is their Friday. He said I should have it back in a week/week and a half because it has to be pinned and welded. I am happy with the outcome. They are going to group it before they send it back so they are making things good and standing behind their product.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The customer complaint was poor accuracy, so they initially tested it with an unmagnified optic at short range? That's ridiculous. I'm glad they consider 2.25 MOA to be not good enough, but it sure doesn't explain why their results are so much better than yours.

I've got a couple Sionics' ARs, but their 11.5" barrels has caused me to not shoot them for groups at 100 yards yet.
    Last edited by grizzman; 04-25-24 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    They wanted to see if they had the same results as me. Because I had only fired it at 36. I never zeroed the gun, because I never felt it grouped well enough to adjust off of. Although I was surprised he thought 2 inches at 36 yards with match grade ammo was okay, ultimately they are making it right and I will continue to be a customer.
    Last edited by Baldness; 04-25-24 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This tells me there was something wrong with your setup.

Good that they are replacing the barrel......BUT there is a Grand Canyon of difference between 4-5" groups at only 35 yards and their 2" groups at 100. Which is actually very acceptable for a fighting rifle.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 04-25-24 at 19:24.

Feedback Score
    Possibly…. I am fairly experienced and never had those issues before and have zeroed a ton of rifles. Both my own in and out of the military and friends new to shooting especially after the summer of love quite a few co workers bought rifles with no experience. I am not an expert though and I would say I screwed up somewhere but that same day set up the same way put that EOTECH on my Bcm rifle and things were fine. Like I said I am happy with what they are doing for me not bashing sionics at all. Once I get it in hand I will take it out and go from there. I started the thread because I was curious what others thought. I may have been at fault. I originally thought that the optic must have been loose and checked it seemed solid but tightened it a little anyway. Tried my aimpoint I’ve had few years and know is good with the same results. Then put that back on the Bcm and was fine. It was pretty weird. But I may have over looked something stupid that would explain things.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234