Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Impressions: Colt AR6951 9mm Carbine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Presume used at that price, but that's a steal, assuming decent condition.
    I had one stutter with mine with a hollow point, but generally just run ball. With 10.5" muzzle velocity, it should do fine if ever called on for defense.
    Moon
    The gun shop I got it from listed it as a new gun. Seems almost too good to be true. I can’t wait till tomorrow so I can pick it up and verify that it is what they say it is.
    But yes , that would still be a decent price for a used gun.

Feedback Score
    Finally picked mine up. I got a few metal form mags and I got a loader on the way. Looking forward to putting some rounds down range this weekend.

Feedback Score
    Well it looks like a new gun. I was skeptical at that price, but it was nice and greasy and the mag/manual/lock bag was unopened. I rarely luck into a deal like that.

It could be a counterfeit Colt though. There are no chatter marks or rough spots and the trigger isn’t total shit.

I can’t wait till my mag loader gets here. The mags are hard As hell to load.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    Well it looks like a new gun. I was skeptical at that price, but it was nice and greasy and the mag/manual/lock bag was unopened. I rarely luck into a deal like that.

It could be a counterfeit Colt though. There are no chatter marks or rough spots and the trigger isn’t total shit.

I can’t wait till my mag loader gets here. The mags are hard As hell to load.
    You made out like a bandit. I didn't see that deal when I was looking. Let us know what you think when you fire it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Fired mine this week. At 25 yards, Q4318 NATO was accurate. Almost as accurate was Winchester 115 grain. 147 grain looked like buckshot patterns.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What buffer and spring setup is supplied?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I scored a LNIB (2 mags through it), 1 Colt mag and 2 metal forms for $1,100...also came with a Geissele (B-GRF). An item of note...the AR6951 does not like after-market triggers. The B-GRF isn't on Geissele's website and can only purchase through Brownells.

I installed an extra LE6920 trigger and that mitigated all the problems I was experiencing...FTE, trigger not resetting and multiple round bursts. Through my research, another 6951 owner had experienced the same exact issues using the exact same Geissele (B-GRF) trigger...he too reinstalled the USGI trigger and problems ceased.

Feedback Score
    'Dave, what is the weight of the OEM buffer?

Anti', been running a Geissele SSA in mine, with no drama whatsoever. Geissele is non-commitial about this issue, but the Colt does have a ramped bolt, and mine has been fine.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I owned a Colt 9mm carbine for several years. The most accurate load was Winchester +P+ 115g JHP. The +P+ shot impressive 100 yard groups for an iron sight 9mm carbine. Federal 124g FMJ shot decent 100 yard groups, which were twice as big at 4".

I never saw good accuracy with projectiles heavier than 124g.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I plan on ordering one of the AR 6951 Carbines very soon. I want to order some 32-round Metalform magazines for the piece si that it can be used as an HD Carbine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast