Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red Dot Recomendation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    OK,

I’m the ass here. I just pulled it off its mount and it says “designed in Oregon assembled in USA”, on the bottom, same as the box. The sticker came off my Vortex Micro 3x, it seems. I need to stop buying shit of unknown origin.
    Thanks for checking. That makes you not an ass.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Thanks for checking. That makes you not an ass.
    +1, it's good to check all this stuff. And it's not always easy to tell, even SageRatSafari acknowledges his information is hard to find, sometimes he can't figure out where an item was manufactured, and indicates that in his data.

More of the companies are aware that people want to know this information, so they're working harder at obscuring or hiding the place of manufacture.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Willing to bet that “designed in Oregon assembled in USA”, indicates “with parts manufactured in China”.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Willing to bet that “designed in Oregon assembled in USA”, indicates “with parts manufactured in China”.
    Thought I read on here somewhere that Aimpoint imports their electronics from China.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I would not bet against you, and I also wouldn’t be surprised if “assembled” just meant flip caps installed and transferred to a different box. I’m still a little disappointed in myself for buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I would not bet against you, and I also wouldn’t be surprised if “assembled” just meant flip caps installed and transferred to a different box.
    Is there proof that Aimpoint is different? No one responded to this.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Thought I read on here somewhere that Aimpoint imports their electronics from China.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123