Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
This argument always presumes hits are easy. In reality you may be moving, your attacker may be moving, and your adrenaline will be jacked to a place most people have not experienced.

Capacity cannot just be casually overlooked, and I have a real hard time believing the double barrel is better for anything but a niche travel long gun.
As far as "moving" goes, it goes with any gun. The diameter of the bullet is just that, and I can bet, even just across the room, shooting shot at an attacker lays down a larger diameter than a bullet.

Besides, say you and another are going to rob someone's home. You both creep through the door or window, you hear a loud boom, your buddy goes down hard. Are you really going to hang around to see just how many shot shells your opponent actually has to shoot at you? I damn sure would not.

Anything short of a magic wand is going to have it's drawbacks, but if I had to choose between taking a round from a bullet, or taking a load of buckshot, I'm going with the bullet. YMMV.