Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "lesser known brands" picture thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Does a plain Jane FN patrol count?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    These days Armalite is almost a lesser-known brand. Hardly ever see them mentioned or advertised much any more.
    I am very disappointed that I missed out on their retro logo run of lowers last year. One of the few “missed opportunities” that actually irritates me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I am very disappointed that I missed out on their retro logo run of lowers last year. One of the few “missed opportunities” that actually irritates me.
    Wait, what?!?! They did a run of retro lowers? Did they keep it secret or something?!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    There's a few on Gunbroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/970725572

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Wait, what?!?! They did a run of retro lowers? Did they keep it secret or something?!!
    Someone mentioned the Pegasus lower on a thread here, and I missed it. But that gunbroker price isn’t that far off, I don’t think, though it doesn’t have a parts kit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got a call last year about some upper, receiver and if I still wanted it. It had been so long, I had no clue what the gentleman on the other line was referring to. Then it hit me, it was the AR10B upper I was on the waiting list for since 2019. I screwed up my Noveske marked AR10 upper and couldn't find another one. Yeah they ran another batch.

The lower and upper are both unassembled, maybe I'll make it whole again and SBR it.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    LRB lower in pistol form. VLTOR pistol buffer tube to satisfy those who care about such things.
    IMG_3344.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paddle007 View Post
    LRB lower in pistol form. VLTOR pistol buffer tube to satisfy those who care about such things.
    IMG_3344.jpg
    I can honestly say I have never heard of LRB before now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I can honestly say I have never heard of LRB before now.
    They manufacture M14 forged receivers. Top notch product. I think they dipped their toes with these M4 receivers. Sounds like some of the earlier units were iffy. I bought two and apparently got lucky with the quality and finish.
    Can you name this stock?
    z1.jpg
    Last edited by paddle007; 02-22-23 at 18:59.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast