Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which optic for beretta 1301???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    It's time for me to get a Gen 2 1301.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooter76 View Post
    I’m probably the outlier here, but in shotguns I prefer just running ghost sights. I find, for me, target acquisition is faster with a ghost ring than with a red dot or anything I would mount on a rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The sights that come with the !301 Tactical also have Tritium.
    It's not just me then. I'm really tempted to just order the Langdon Tactical package and leave the factory ghost rings and rail on it. Ghost rings were always enough for me shooting 3-gun. If I need a red dot to shoot past 25 yards with, odds are I will not be using a shotgun. Even then, I've shot slugs at 100 yards with iron sights just fine.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I run RMRs on pistols, but the battery thing makes me choose other options for long guns. Micro on QD mount would be my choice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    I agreed.... until I tried one with an RMR

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Can you describe the difference? Ill listen...I absolutely concede I could be wrong.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Can you describe the difference? Ill listen...I absolutely concede I could be wrong.
    I've shot many thousands of shotgun rounds without an optic over the past 25 years (mostly waterfowl and upland game hunting, and clays, etc), but i run a red dot on my 1301 Tactical and definitely prefer it.

A bead is fine, but I find that i'm slightly quicker and definitely more accurate with a red dot, especially when i get past 5 yards. I also feel like a have a better field of view when looking through a red dot vs aiming tight down the barrel, which gives me a better view of my target and surroundings. Not to mention red dots always beat iron sights/dots in no/low light environments.

At the end of the day though, it's all personal preference. Do what works best for you for your situation.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    i've tried an rmr , aimpoint t2 , and an eotech

the eotech is still on my shotgun , it's hard to beat that big window and reticle for cqb to 100

1x optics are just faster than iron sights , whether it's a handgun or a rifle or a shotgun

Feedback Score
    Is the stock rail on the receiver too high to add an optic practically? I could care less if it co-witnesses with the ghost rings as it will have a quick release IF I decide to put one on at some point.

I have an extra Vortex laying around and "may" try this out. You have me warming up to the idea.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Is the stock rail on the receiver too high to add an optic practically? I could care less if it co-witnesses with the ghost rings as it will have a quick release IF I decide to put one on at some point.

I have an extra Vortex laying around and "may" try this out. You have me warming up to the idea.
    I found that cheek weld suffers with an optic and the stock rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I found that cheek weld suffers with an optic and the stock rail.
    A chunk of dense foam and duct tape will tailor cheek weld as needed.

Holosun 508T has the features of a 507C with a little more durability per Aaron Cowans testing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post

I'm running a Vortex Venom red dot on the factory 1301 tactical rail, since the Aridus CROM is out of stock, and it has worked great for me. But i also have the 1301 Tactical LE model, which has the Mesa Tactical pistol grip stock, so i have a cheek riser. That setup may be a little too high with a normal stock.
    Last edited by B Cart; 08-10-21 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm an iron sights guy for all of my shotguns.

However, I recently put a Burris Fast Fire 3 on my M4 to see how it will work. I had it in stock and figured why not try it......Haven't shot it yet so it is an incomplete experiment at this point in time.

Update 5/24: The FF3 didn't work out so well on the M4. There is now an RDS on the M4 which works much better, although doesn't allow for a cheek weld.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 05-12-24 at 12:29.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast